Snooker

tlg1903

Apologies if there is already a snooker thread, can't be arsed looking truth be told.

Anyone been watching the world championships?  Hendry v matchfixer and hendry is 7-3 at moment and MF is playing very poorly.......... makes you wonder if he has money on it! Hendry played some cracking stuff in the opening session but the second has been riddled with mistakes from both players.  It would be great to see Hendry get an 8th title, not sure how likely that is right enough.

Yes I noticed that but Hendry is playing a bit better than he has done for a while even not counting the 147 he had in the first round.

Why do you think he has not won anything for ages

1 - he is past it

2 - the others have got better

He always says the its the second of the two when asked but so did Davis when he went downhill maybe they just don't want to admit the second option.

Or do you think its a mix of the two

Stephen Hendry's retired.

Gutted that so many folk will never remember him as the greatest player ever. When I was growing up he was immense. Both being at their best I wouldn't say Ronnie O'Sullivan was ever fit to lace his boots (...chalk his cue?).

[/quote

Hendry had what ronnie never will.  The right attitude

Stephen Hendry's retired.

Gutted that so many folk will never remember him as the greatest player ever. When I was growing up he was immense. Both being at their best I wouldn't say Ronnie O'Sullivan was ever fit to lace his boots (...chalk his cue?).

:clap:

Sad news.

The greatest snooker player I've seen, and always very dignified.

Aye it was sad to hear that Hendry had retired although not surprising. Indeed the greatest player ever to have played.

Now here's where I maybe show a little naivety. Why is Hendry not as good as he always was? It can't be a physical factor that comes with getting older can it? It's not the most strenuous of sports. So it must be a mental thing? Lack of hunger to succeed? Really not sure but it's a shame.

Aye it was sad to hear that Hendry had retired although not surprising. Indeed the greatest player ever to have played.

Now here's where I maybe show a little naivety. Why is Hendry not as good as he always was? It can't be a physical factor that comes with getting older can it? It's not the most strenuous of sports. So it must be a mental thing? Lack of hunger to succeed? Really not sure but it's a shame.

Bit of all of it probably Tyrant, the senses going even minutely, not as fit (the WC is a long tournament with long matches), concentration levels slipping and simply not enjoying it anymore.

Best there's ever been is certainly apt for Hendry.

• 1 year later...

I used to thoroughly enjoy this tournament and look forward to it every year but this year I could probably count the number of frames I've watched on one hand. The ba's burst if Ronnie can fuck off and spend a year away from Snooker whinging and just walk back in and more or less win it at a canter.

imo it's all the talk of modernising it that's killing it. the beauty of it was that it was that it was like a superhuman version of something that you'd see in the pub.

all these young twats with their lower league footballer hairdos are so up themselves it's unreal. mark allen is one of the biggest fannies going. the bad boy of snooker? fuck off. he's a wee spoilt brat and and that's it. when he's knocking back pints and playing people off the table while barely able to stand up he'll be able to call himself that. until then he can do one. barry hearn made darts exciting, but he's fucking snooker right up with all the money and shitty events going on.