Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Did Alex Smith throw the SPL in May 91?

Facts: -

Smiffy made a diabolical mistake in team selection at Ibrox 21 years ago.

We fans at Ibrox were looking round at each other in incredulity when the teams were announced.

Jocky Scott fell out with Smiffy over this, which cost him their relationship and his job.

Reasonable interpretation: -

Today's P & J shows opinions and a state of mind of the AFC ex-manager that is nothing less than sick.

The comments he came out with can only come from a hun.

Wild speculation:

Smiffy is a poof. He just doesn't look comfortable in the presence women.

I've hated the man ever since May 1991. I turned on him on that one day alone. It was a disgrace to try and play for a draw which would have won us the SPL for the first time in six years, a title we deserved to win because we were the best. We were on a long winning streak and we would have thrashed Rangers if we had been prepared and motivated properly and put out the right team.

We fans at Ibrox were looking round at each other in incredulity when the teams were announced.

Jocky Scott fell out with Smiffy over this, which cost him their relationship and his job.

Today's P & J shows opinions and a state of mind of the AFC ex-manager that is nothing less than sick.

Wild speculation:

I've hated the man ever since May 1991. I turned on him on that one day alone. It was a disgrace to try and play for a draw which would have won us the SPL for the first time in six years, a title we deserved to win because we were the best. We were on a long winning streak and we would have thrashed Rangers if we had been prepared and motivated properly and put out the right team.

I was actually thinking about this the other night after seeing the highlights for the first time since the actual day itself and it led me to looking a few things up.

I know a lot of folk say he changed a winning formation etc, but when I was doing a bit of research we actually went 4-4-2 a few weeks before against Celtic at Pittodrie (won 1-0, Jess with the goal) so the whole run hadn’t actually been while playing 4-3-3.  However, I remember my own reaction when hearing the line ups on the radio (we couldn’t get tickets for it) and it was certainly one of disappointment.  While van de Ven was a fine player in his own right, the team had been superb in the 4-3-3 system. 

We all know that football is a game of tight margins at times; look at the chance van de Ven had at 0-0, and then the Gillhaus header. We should have been at least 1-0 up, possibly 2, and it’s a different game. Had that happened, it’s likely it was the right decision.

But I tend to agree with Rocket’s underlying point; the huns had a raft of injuries and were clearly on their last legs, we should have gone for the throat from the off with Booth or van der Ark up front with Gillhaus and Jess. 

Ps anyone remember what happened to Paul Mason that season, he didn’t play a lot in the run in, just the odd game here and there. Was he injured? Out of favour?

Wild speculation:

I was but a young loon at this point so I remember little specifically about the game or the season tbh be honest but the bit in bold is a stupid. If his looks of discomfort are all you're going on then it's fuck all.

I was actually thinking about this the other night after seeing the highlights for the first time since the actual day itself and it led me to looking a few things up.

I know a lot of folk say he changed a winning formation etc, but when I was doing a bit of research we actually went 4-4-2 a few weeks before against Celtic at Pittodrie (won 1-0, Jess with the goal) so the whole run hadn’t actually been while playing 4-3-3.  However, I remember my own reaction when hearing the line ups on the radio (we couldn’t get tickets for it) and it was certainly one of disappointment.  While van de Ven was a fine player in his own right, the team had been superb in the 4-3-3 system. 

We all know that football is a game of tight margins at times; look at the chance van de Ven had at 0-0, and then the Gillhaus header. We should have been at least 1-0 up, possibly 2, and it’s a different game. Had that happened, it’s likely it was the right decision.

But I tend to agree with Rocket’s underlying point; the huns had a raft of injuries and were clearly on their last legs, we should have gone for the throat from the off with Booth or van der Ark up front with Gillhaus and Jess. 

Ps anyone remember what happened to Paul Mason that season, he didn’t play a lot in the run in, just the odd game here and there. Was he injured? Out of favour?

I was at the game and all I remember is some pretty harsh challenges early doors. They bullied us and we bottled it. It was a pretty shit day to be honest.

I was but a young loon at this point so I remember little specifically about the game or the season tbh be honest but the bit in bold is a stupid. If his looks of discomfort are all you're going on then it's fuck all.

If ye're nae the brightest, can I suggest you stop shouting about it from the rooftops?

Facts, reasonable interpretation and wild speculation were the clues.

Is an interesting offering invalidated by a last ditch injection of tangential nonsense, in my usual style?

Did you miss the whole point? Are my idiot-sifting devices still working wonderfully?

Did you want King Lear hounded out of town and was Spike Milligan mad? Up with pragmatic in-the-box rigid thinking!!!

I can't remember abut Mason. His last hoorah was Hampden 2-1 in my mind, so 1989.

Was he still at the club then? If he was then he may well have been injured but I remember little of Mason beyond the superb cup win. All 3 games were good finals but it was so sweet to do them in the 3rd.

Yeah, he started the 90-91 season really well, up front with Gillhaus. The season after 90-91, he scored a great goal v Hearts at Tynie (ran from his own box with the ball all the way to theirs and finished) and then in 92/93 he had a great season in midfield, again punctuated with a couple of cracking goals. Then left for Ipswich.

If ye're nae the brightest, can I suggest you stop shouting about it from the rooftops?

Facts, reasonable interpretation and wild speculation were the clues.

Is an interesting offering invalidated by a last ditch injection of tangential nonsense, in my usual style?

Did you miss the whole point? Are my idiot-sifting devices still working wonderfully?

Did you want King Lear hounded out of town and was Spike Milligan mad? Up with pragmatic in-the-box rigid thinking!!!

You specified it was speculation, aye, but I pointed out (correctly) that your reasoning was nonsense. If one of us had said something like that you'd have went off on one of your silly shite spouting sessions again. Much like I've quoted in this post. 

I was at the game and all I remember is some pretty harsh challenges early doors. They bullied us and we bottled it. It was a pretty shit day to be honest.

I think one of the biggest factors in losing that game was Snelders not playing and that fuckwit Hateley crunching Micky Watt in the first few minutes. Watt was terrified of him after that . 

As FJ says, it was a pretty shit day that started with such high hopes. 

I think one of the biggest factors in losing that game was Snelders not playing and that fuckwit Hateley crunching Micky Watt in the first few minutes. Watt was terrified of him after that . 

As FJ says, it was a pretty shit day that started with such high hopes.

That's what we first remember about the actual game. After 6 minutes if I recall.

But the team selection was the crime. We knew it before 3 pm. There was outrage amongst the 3,200 of us who were there.

That's what we first remember about the actual game. After 6 minutes if I recall.

But the team selection was the crime. We knew it before 3 pm. There was outrage amongst the 3,200 of us who were there.

I can't remember being that outraged. So lets adjust that to 3,199.

Why would you lie like that rocket? what have we done to you to be lied to like that?

I'm disappointed that you feel the need to make things up as a means to get one over on us.

I can't remember being that outraged. So lets adjust that to 3,199.

Why would you lie like that rocket? what have we done to you to be lied to like that?

I'm disappointed that you feel the need to make things up as a means to get one over on us.

Lol. I didn't say all 3,200. I said amongst. The look of aghast was common amongst total strangers to me, not just our lot.

Why were you not similarly outraged? Did you not know what day of the week it was?

Why do you feel the need to psycho-analyse and try to get one over on me?

Do you belong here? Does it give you comfort? Do you speak on behalf of the whole site? Is this why you said "us"?

Is this not the precise reason why this site doesn't attract new users?

Lol. I didn't say all 3,200. I said amongst. The look of aghast was common amongst total strangers to me, not just our lot.

Why were you not similarly outraged? Did you not know what day of the week it was?

Do you belong here? Does it give you comfort? Do you speak on behalf of the whole site? Is this why you said "us"?

I'd be more tempted to blame it on posts like yours.

And the two big crashes that lost a fuck ton of data each time.

1 too busy smoking crack

2 Yes

3 I pschyo analyse everything including my poo if that is possible.

4 where?

5 maybe

6 sometimes

7 yes

8 I hope so

Dear fuck. We got a bit of a kicking and didn't man up. Yes, we could have perhaps had more adventurous tactics but as BB says, previous matches had similar tactics for the old firm which were successful.

But aye, the closet poofter threw it.

You just love a bitch slapping. You love being part of the gang. You never know when to shut the fuck up.

Let's get specific here.

Three facts and two reasonable interpretations were offered in the OP.

Which do you dispute?

Only then can we can deal with your denials regarding my incisive observations of your own considerable inadequacies. Virgin.

You just love a bitch slapping. You love being part of the gang. You never know when to shut the fuck up.

Let's get specific here.

Three facts and two reasonable interpretations were offered in the OP.

Which do you dispute?

Only then can we can deal with your denials regarding my incisive observations of your own considerable inadequacies. Virgin.

How very fucking imaginative. Honestly its like being back in the playground all over again.  You going to try and bully him out of his dinner money too?  You are capable of some really insightful comments sometimes rocket but seriously who the fuck are you trying to impress with pish like this.

Grow up

I thought Virgin was hilarious. I almost pissed myself laffin when I wrote that. Pity you didn't feel the same. Must try harder. Thanks for jumping in though. I get sarked by this particular rigidhead, again, counter with some fatal questions, and you concentrate on Virgin? Context. Open your mind and see what's going on. Defence to a gratuitous attack with one word at the end that could only rile an idiot. Lighten up you fuckers.

I thought Virgin was hilarious. I almost pissed myself laffin when I wrote that. Pity you didn't feel the same. Must try harder. Thanks for jumping in though. I get sarked by this particular rigidhead, again, counter with some fatal questions, and you concentrate on Virgin? Context. Open your mind and see what's going on. Defence to a gratuitous attack with one word at the end that could only rile an idiot. Lighten up you fuckers.

Now you're having a go at my weight.  ::)

Now you're having a go at my weight.  ::)

It is only by dumping frequently and heavily that a man can lose weight.

Speaking of men, which French philosopher said this (best translation): -

"A man, to be a man, must be a cunt. It is not enough to love cunt, a true man must be a cunt".

Problem with some of these fuckers is that they respect the cunt or like it a little bit. Even if they love cunt, furtively, it's not enough.

Even Rabbie said "A man's a cunt for a that".

Which are? First bit and virgin at what for the second bit?

Incisive may be overstating things for your part, but that's situation normal for you Rocket.

I'm a fractured and damaged person but I'm curious why you think so.