Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Craig Brown

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What ever happens in the last few games CB will  be our manager next season. However I think he has done his job of clearing up after McGhee and stopping us getting relegated. However he is not going to make the team go out and take us back to the top of the table with his tactics and favouring tried and tested players rather than young exciting players. Option 4 is a nod at what I would favour in the current set up - is having an assistant player manager who can be taught for a year by Brown then take over the reigns as manager.

With a 36% win rate - we should have won more against the teams we have played.

Undoubtedly it will, and the years beyond as the average of the team will creep up further and young players wont get their chance and leave. Only one youth player has made his debut under Brown (Joe Shaughnessy). This team is becoming a carbon copy of the last few years of Brown as Scotland manager.

I'm not aware of anyone else who's deserved a place.

Bit premature to be thinking about post-it notes. We've only just got a bit of stability so I'd rather give the old duffer a chance to earn a new deal, or retire gracefully.

Too early to judge this season. We're still in the Scottish Cup and have an outside chance of top 6.

I'm not a huge fan of Brown and his team selections, but I do think he is doing what he was brought in to do - use his experience to get us out of the hole we were in, make us more solid and get us moving back up the table.

The football hasn't been great, but we'd all take results over performances. Going unbeaten since Boxing Day is a significant improvement on anything post-Jimmy, despite the disappointing number of draws.

We're not going to instantly become a great team. Progress year to year is the important thing and Brown has brought that since he has come in.

What ever happens in the last few games CB will  be our manager next season. However I think he has done his job of clearing up after McGhee and stopping us getting relegated. However he is not going to make the team go out and take us back to the top of the table with his tactics and favouring tried and tested players rather than young exciting players. Option 4 is a nod at what I would favour in the current set up - is having an assistant player manager who can be taught for a year by Brown then take over the reigns as manager.

a player assistant manager groomed to take over from brown? fuck that, has that ever been done successfully?

is there even a point to this thread? apart from being an opportunity to moan?

a player assistant manager groomed to take over from brown? fuck that, has that ever been done successfully?

is there even a point to this thread? apart from being an opportunity to moan?

Possibly Im not in a good mood as some drunken cunt was phoning me at 2am to sing songs - when I need to be up at the back of 6  :hammer: :hammer: :finger: :finger:

• 3 weeks later...

Surely though given the fact that you've done as I asked, so its a yes, then the pie chart should be all green for yes, not totally blue for no  ???

I didn't give you the pie chart with the information you wanted and you didn't ask me.  ;)

• 5 weeks later...