Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Stephen Hughes - Signed

Hope he does well.  Like everyone else I'm not overly excited but the boy's a decent player and this could be the making of him, and hopefully us.

Welcome to Aberdeen.

Pretty much my thoughts. No point in booing the fucker before he's kicked a ball! Welcome aboard, I hope it works out for you  :thumbsup:

Hughes is a good player who’s just lost his way a bit since picking up an injury when he was at Norwich, probably through no fault of his own give Norwich’s rapid progression since he signed.  He was in a couple of Scotland squads only a couple of years ago and I think he’ll do a good turn for us.  He’s a really good passer of the ball, could be good for a few assists, which we most definitely need.  Welcome aboard.  I'm really quite pleased with the business we've done this transfer window.

Hughes is a good player who’s just lost his way a bit since picking up an injury when he was at Norwich, probably through no fault of his own give Norwich’s rapid progression since he signed.  He was in a couple of Scotland squads only a couple of years ago and I think he’ll do a good turn for us.  He’s a really good passer of the ball, could be good for a few assists, which we most definitely need.  Welcome aboard.  I'm really quite pleased with the business we've done this transfer window.

Totally agree , always played well and ran the midfield AGAINST us so 2 and a half year is a good piece of business in my book, especially with our threadbare midfield just now.

Yeah i think we have to be one of the most active clubs this window, getting business done early too is a positive sign.  I also echo your sentiments on SH.  I really rated him when he came through at the huns and thought he looked a very useful player.  Hopefully he can provide the bit of guile we has been lacking for a very long time.  Its also positive that he has signed for the length he has, shows that whilst he has turned us down in the past that he is committed.  We still need width though

• 10 months later...

Hughes and Naysmith to stay on with Aberdeen FC

Duo extend Pittodrie contracts

Published: 26/12/2012

ABERDEEN FC duo Stephen Hughes and Gary Naysmith have agreed to extend their Pittodrie contracts.

Midfielder Hughes will remain with the club until the end of next season.

Full-back Naysmith will be staying with Aberdeen FC until the end of this season.

Dons boss Craig Brown said: “Both players are happy to be at the club and we are happy to have them.”

Couldn't have been a two and a half year deal in the first place then.

Good news regarding Hughes in particular