Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

AFC - HIVs (17/12/11)

WTF Pawlett off

That is a shocklng decision by the linesman.

Pawlett attempted to block the pass and it was his trailing leg that made contact.

High time we did a Lennon and stood up for ourselves.

We are seriously being cheated by the officials

Mental decision. It was barely a booking!

We should be used to playing with ten men by now at least.

3 points thank fuck.

awful game. truely woeful. That and the game at easter rd must be the worst games this season so far. Got 4 points from them though which is most important.

my thinking is that everything evened itself out in that game up until the blizzard.

A disgraceful dive by pawlett - would like to see the club fine him. Their rapist keeper should have saved it though. red card was blatant evening-up by the ref, but two wrongs certainly don't make a right!

hibs had long enough to equalise. But the blizzard at the end definitely killed what was already only "football" by the skin of its teeth.

Osbourne takes no shit so I really like him in the team, but maybe RB with Jack in the middle would create more over all.

Can't help expecting us to get some horrific decisions against us now. Next two league games are make or break for our season too!

3 points thank fuck.

awful game. truely woeful. That and the game at easter rd must be the worst games this season so far. Got 4 points from them though which is most important.

my thinking is that everything evened itself out in that game up until the blizzard.

A disgraceful dive by pawlett - would like to see the club fine him. Their rapist keeper should have saved it though. red card was blatant evening-up by the ref, but two wrongs certainly don't make a right!

hibs had long enough to equalise. But the blizzard at the end definitely killed what was already only "football" by the skin of its teeth.

Osbourne takes no shit so I really like him in the team, but maybe RB with Jack in the middle would create more over all.

Can't help expecting us to get some horrific decisions against us now. Next two league games are make or break for our season too!

This.

Club should appeal Pawletts Red card although I suspect that even if it did get rescinded he will be picking up a similar ban for the dive. SFA will be looking to hammer somone else after banning Aluko.

Not sure what has happened to Aberdeen Hibs matches. There was a long spell where they were cracking entertainment but the last few have been miserable.  Yesterday was actually a lot better than the game at Easter Road which only goes to show how shit that game was.

Strangely in our last couple of games we have played worse than we have in other matches but managed to get the wins.  Perhaps finally getting the rub of the green, the pen and enckleman's two mistakes, is the difference but hopefully we can build on this.  Interesting that several folk have picked up on Osbourne as being MotM when until the last quarter we had been commenting how he hadn't be a fraction of the player during the match and over recent weeks that he showed earlier in the season.

Big blow to lose Chalali and Pawlett took a while to get the confidence to take folk on. Shame he through himself to the ground but we managed to convince ourselves there may have been the slightest of touches.  As I said nice to get a break for a change.

As for the sending off, just utterly staggering but sadly not surprised given the general level of ineptitude of Scottish officials.

Special mention for Brown who despite his fuck up with Consi at Dunfermline and jumping out of the way of the free kick vs St Mirren has pulled off a few decent saves and looks like he'll be a decent shop stopper (although not much else)

Finally Hibs are gash. It's brilliant.

"Highlights" might be stretching it a bit.

Didn't look like a pen but didn't look like a red. Didn't look like much of an enjoyable experience for anyone involved, either. Our full backs need pay a wee bit more attention to folk coming in at the back post.

3 points thank fuck.

I'm still not convinced that PP dived. It was the view from behind that shows it most clearly and to me it looks like he got clipped. Going as fast as he was that was going to make him hit the deck. And I don't think the sending off was "evening it up" because it was the cunt of a linesman that told the ref to send him off.

Just glad of the 3 points though.