Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Craig changes the record

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3845095/Craig-vows-to-be-players-human-shield.html

By SCOTT DAVIE

CRAIG BROWN has begged fed-up Dons fans to make him the target of their abuse and not the players at Pittodrie tonight.

The under-fire Aberdeen manager admits the Red Army have every reason to revolt after a dismal start to the season.

Attendances have been dropping like a stone but Brown wants those who do turn up to get right behind his players.

He said: "I can only appeal to the fans better nature to be supportive and if they have any issues or complaints to contact me. I feel acutely responsible for the recent run as do the players.

"I am annoyed that we have let the fans down.

"It is nine months I have been at the club and many of these players are the ones I have brought in.

"The fans can be assured I will fight tooth and nail to get them the victories that they deserve.

"Ultimately it is the supporters' right to boo if they feel like it but it is unhelpful to have a disgruntled element.

"I never look on the negative side as I always hope there will be a positive reaction from the fans. But it is also up to the players to ensure the fans do not have anything to boo by giving their absolute all against Dunfermline.

"This is no hard luck story as I realise we can not go on like this.

"We have to be fired up for the game and I am confident my players will be."

That's despite the fact that Youl Mawene and Kari Arnason have both savaged their team mates in the wake of recent poor results.

Brown admits to having a word with both players following their recent outbursts but insists there is no disharmony in the dressing room.

He added: "Mawene and Arnason have been critical but they are only repeating what we have said in the dressing room. They are good lads who are just frustrated.

"I have also spoken to one or two individually, new and old ones, and the morale in the dressing room is great. There are no divisions.

"I think we have enough leaders on the park. I've told the more experienced ones to lift and lay their team-mates on the pitch and to be fair, they do that.

"They feel for the club and hate to see us losing. They just want to do the best they can for it and are giving 100 per cent."

Richard Foster and Isaac Osbourne have both recovered from injury and will start as will Fraser Fyvie who missed the last two games skippering Scotland Under-19s in Slovenia.

------------------------------------------------

Turns out it IS his fault after all...