Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

x

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The bank won't pull any fuckin plug.

I wouldnt be so sure. wind up a football club which appears to have dwindling interest to its fans and potential sponsors, take posession of their assets and sell off the land to cover their loses and make a bit of money on the side.

I dont think just because its 'Aberdeen' would make them even think twice. Banks are still threatening to take out clubs like all over the uk with both bigger and smaller fanbases.

At the risk of being a hypocrit perhaps administration for us would be more like it was for Motherwell instead of it was for Gretna. Wipe out of debts for 2p in the pound, clear out almost the entire senior playing squad forcing us to rely on youth and if luck prevails Morton winning the 1st division and not being able to get thier act together in building that stand they bought from St Mirren or bolting down some seats to the terracing.

How about this? Let the bank pull the plug. Let AFC plc go under. Then, we start Aberdeen Football Club Ltd., check out he viability of buying Pittodrie from the bank for a knock down price, bare our teeth at any builder arsehole who tries to buy it to turn into residential properties for sheer profit motives, and start again?

We'll get to keep all the history of course, as it's of no value to anyone but us, and we get a Milne-free slate from which to start again. Of course we'll be carrying the debt that we paid to get Pittodrie from the bank in the first place but it will be no worse off than we are now and we'll be able to run the club properly for the first time ever.

If things get really hairy, we can threaten anyone who buys property on the land once known as Pittodrie with dog-killing and child-molestation. Maybe I took that too far......

But hey, think outside the box and seek and ye shall find.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously delighted to see the result on Friday, but I'm probably nowhere near as happy as Milne.

A victory against a very poor dunfermline side, and now an international break should see the embers of the uprising against him well and truly dowsed for now.

I'll bet he can't believe his luck.

Very much typical of his reign over the club. Papering over the cracks, and this result may have done a bit of that. The international break certainly is very convenient for him, but it certainly doesn't change my point of view on the man. Unless we win the league  :thumbsup:

Obviously delighted to see the result on Friday, but I'm probably nowhere near as happy as Milne.

A victory against a very poor dunfermline side, and now an international break should see the embers of the uprising against him well and truly dowsed for now.

Unfortunately, that give undue credit to the mixture of apathy and frustration that followed the East Fife defeat.

He's probably as unconcerned now as he was then.

This is flawed thinking. If a result on a Friday night against a shit Fife team changes anything then the anything wasn't worth contemplating in the first place.

Milne's objectives didn't change after Friday's result. His record of stewardship of our club for a decade and a half didn't change either.

To be effective, any strategy needs to be clear in it's objective and precise in it's execution.

The best case scenario is that he sells his shares asap, walks away from the club and regrets the day he ever got involved, as he loses a bunch of millions.

Milne being here right now is good for AFC. Our balance sheet is fucked and we're losing tens of thousands every week. We've got a very rich chairman who can be held accountable. He'll kick and scream and say it wasn't his fault but the fans won't see it like that. For his own good, he needs to leave AFC on very excellent terms, given the shite he's been serving for so long, costing us a whole generation of potential fans and alienating thousands of existing ones.

The only action available to us all along was to pressurise the chairman to look after the club properly and to take his responsibilities seriously. We never did and neither did he. Talk of uprisings or ousting him or replacing him is folly. He's the guarantor of the debt that he created so we want him here until the finances are sorted out.

He said that a substantial injection of new funds is required under questioning at the AGM 2 or 3 years ago. Well duh, Stewratty, but for me, him providing the suitable cash injection personally then fucking off would be best. We can't afford to get rid of him now, nor is it right that he exploited our club for his own ends then gets to walk away.

This is the creep who "bought" his shares at preferential terms and who charges us an extortionate rate of interest of money he "loaned" to us, supposedly. This is the small cunt who quashed all opposition to his fiefdom, despite him not ever having as much as 30% of the club's shares. This is the greedy hoor who thought it wise to spend hundreds of thousands of our money on a feasibility study, an "investment" which benefited a few in the city but not AFC, who's cash was squandered. This is the "fan" who presided over a decade and a half of shite football, appointing terrible people in the wrong places, appointing non-productive staff by the dozens to drain the limited resources and who got off with pursuing his own agenda this long for one of either two reasons: - either we didn't notice or the board were licking gravy at our expense.

This is flawed thinking. If a result on a Friday night against a shit Fife team changes anything then the anything wasn't worth contemplating in the first place.

Milne's objectives didn't change after Friday's result. His record of stewardship of our club for a decade and a half didn't change either.

To be effective, any strategy needs to be clear in it's objective and precise in it's execution.

The best case scenario is that he sells his shares asap, walks away from the club and regrets the day he ever got involved, as he loses a bunch of millions.

Milne being here right now is good for AFC. Our balance sheet is fucked and we're losing tens of thousands every week. We've got a very rich chairman who can be held accountable. He'll kick and scream and say it wasn't his fault but the fans won't see it like that. For his own good, he needs to leave AFC on very excellent terms, given the shite he's been serving for so long, costing us a whole generation of potential fans and alienating thousands of existing ones.

The only action available to us all along was to pressurise the chairman to look after the club properly and to take his responsibilities seriously. We never did and neither did he. Talk of uprisings or ousting him or replacing him is folly. He's the guarantor of the debt that he created so we want him here until the finances are sorted out.

He said that a substantial injection of new funds is required under questioning at the AGM 2 or 3 years ago. Well duh, Stewratty, but for me, him providing the suitable cash injection personally then fucking off would be best. We can't afford to get rid of him now, nor is it right that he exploited our club for his own ends then gets to walk away.

This is the creep who "bought" his shares at preferential terms and who charges us an extortionate rate of interest of money he "loaned" to us, supposedly. This is the small cunt who quashed all opposition to his fiefdom, despite him not ever having as much as 30% of the club's shares. This is the greedy hoor who thought it wise to spend hundreds of thousands of our money on a feasibility study, an "investment" which benefited a few in the city but not AFC, who's cash was squandered. This is the "fan" who presided over a decade and a half of shite football, appointing terrible people in the wrong places, appointing non-productive staff by the dozens to drain the limited resources and who got off with pursuing his own agenda this long for one of either two reasons: - either we didn't notice or the board were licking gravy at our expense.

Agreed.

:thumbsup::clap:

The problem being:

He's the guarantor of the debt that he created so we want him here until the finances are sorted out.

I don't for one minute believe he has ever had any intention of sorting out the finances.

By keeping us in that amount of debt he does two things; firstly we become an unattractive investment which keeps replacement chairmen at bay, secondly it softens the blow of selling Pittodrie to the faithful.

For over a decade we've been hovering in and around the -£10m figure despite large cash injections from the Euro run, selling off a couple players, one off tv rights, etc, all whilst cutting costs left right and centre.  Yet that -£10m figure remains.  A figure which just so happens to be staggeringly close to what Pittodrie seems to be worth.  Funny that.  "Sell now and we'll be debt free people - HURRAH!"...........  Bullshit.

If I was struggling to make ends meet, say to pay my own mortgage then I'd cut back on buying clothes, going on holidays, tighten my belt and start dining on 'no frills' food.  If I found myself a year or two down the line having injested all that muck and still no better off then I'd have asked myself some pretty telling questions and re-assessed the situation pretty early on.  Only an idiot would continue down that line for 10 years whilst not actually getting anywhere!  Yet here we are.

What I still can't figure out is if we do sell Pittodrie and we're debt (and asset) free, does Milne then sell our 'debt free club with brand new stadium' to the next man and do a runner?  Or does he sign us up for a £20/£30m loan to pay for the ground that none of us want and the cycle continues?

The fans are so disinterested in the club that nobody is in the faintest bit interested to find out where this money is going to magic itself from for this stadium that none of us are interested in.

It's a one man mission and it always has been.

The problem being:

I don't for one minute believe he has ever had any intention of sorting out the finances.

It's a one man mission and it always has been.

I agree with your post in it's entirety but I'm not sure if you're disagreeing with me?

My words were "until the finances are sorted out" and painting a best case scenario where cuntfuck coughs up. I also don't believe he has ever had any intention of suddenly becoming a benefactor but maybe you missed my whole point?

What Milne "intends" is not the issue. We're so far fucked as a result of his mismanagement, an obligation to fix it comes into play. He is on the record as saying that a substantial injection of new funds will be required and he as good as guaranteed that the club WOULD attract the new capital and when further pressed, undertook that any shortfall would be met by the shareholders by way of rights issue.

In case you're looking at further angles for dispute and confrontation (not unusual for you, in fact, the norm), allow me to puncture your bubble and to dry up your whetting apetite. It would be stunningly stupid and pedantic to pick up on the one word "obligation". All of us can appreciate the difference between an obligation enforceable in law and one that is not. However, given the smallness of the village that is Aberdeen, the emotive nature of football, the long and sometime glorious history of the club, he won't get away with leaving the club on it's deathbed.

None of us can anticipate at this stage quite how Milne will make reparation but not to get him to fix it is as neglectful by the fans as it was to ignore the many, many signs along the way.   

How about this? Let the bank pull the plug. Let AFC plc go under. Then, we start Aberdeen Football Club Ltd., check out he viability of buying Pittodrie from the bank for a knock down price, bare our teeth at any builder arsehole who tries to buy it to turn into residential properties for sheer profit motives, and start again?

We'll get to keep all the history of course, as it's of no value to anyone but us, and we get a Milne-free slate from which to start again. Of course we'll be carrying the debt that we paid to get Pittodrie from the bank in the first place but it will be no worse off than we are now and we'll be able to run the club properly for the first time ever.

Rename it Aberdeen Orion FC, and we're almost back to where we started 110 years ago

I agree with your post in it's entirety but I'm not sure if you're disagreeing with me?

My words were "until the finances are sorted out" and painting a best case scenario where cuntfuck coughs up. I also don't believe he has ever had any intention of suddenly becoming a benefactor but maybe you missed my whole point?

What Milne "intends" is not the issue. We're so far fucked as a result of his mismanagement, an obligation to fix it comes into play. He is on the record as saying that a substantial injection of new funds will be required and he as good as guaranteed that the club WOULD attract the new capital and when further pressed, undertook that any shortfall would be met by the shareholders by way of rights issue.

In case you're looking at further angles for dispute and confrontation (not unusual for you, in fact, the norm), allow me to puncture your bubble and to dry up your whetting apetite. It would be stunningly stupid and pedantic to pick up on the one word "obligation". All of us can appreciate the difference between an obligation enforceable in law and one that is not. However, given the smallness of the village that is Aberdeen, the emotive nature of football, the long and sometime glorious history of the club, he won't get away with leaving the club on it's deathbed.

None of us can anticipate at this stage quite how Milne will make reparation but not to get him to fix it is as neglectful by the fans as it was to ignore the many, many signs along the way. 

I'm not disagreeing with you, nor am I 'looking at further angles for dispute and confrontation' which is my norm, apparently.  :-*

I am however struggling to see the benefit of keeping him 'here until the finances are sorted out' because 'he created the debt' when he plainly hasn't shown any capabilities, interest or responsibility in doing so thus far.

That to me sounds very much like 'stick with him and see what happens'.  Which goes against everything else you say in your post.

As far as 'getting him to fix it' goes, I'm not really sure anyone can and I don't think the fans can be called negligent if they don't.

I'm not disagreeing with you, nor am I 'looking at further angles for dispute and confrontation' which is my norm, apparently:-*

I am however struggling to see the benefit of keeping him 'here until the finances are sorted out' because 'he created the debt' when he plainly hasn't shown any capabilities, interest or responsibility in doing so thus far.

That to me sounds very much like 'stick with him and see what happens'.  Which goes against everything else you say in your post.

As far as 'getting him to fix it' goes, I'm not really sure anyone can and I don't think the fans can be called negligent if they don't.

You've failed to grasp anything I've been saying, such is your pathological need for confrontation, non-harmony and/or disagreement.

It manifests itself in an accusation of total contradiction on this occasion. Whatever.

The only action available to us all along was to pressurise the chairman to look after the club properly and to take his responsibilities seriously. We never did and neither did he. Talk of uprisings or ousting him or replacing him is folly.

How do the fans pressurise the chairman to look after the club?

what would you suggest we should have done/should be doing?