Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Club Statement

:hammer:

Aberdeen Chairman Stewart Milne has apologised to fans on behalf of the Club following last night's Scottish Communities League Cup loss to East Fife on penalty kicks.

"Firstly, congratulations to John Robertson and his team who thoroughly deserved their victory. However, from our perspective, the manner of the defeat was totally unacceptable and I would like to take this opportunity to say sorry to all of our supporters who most certainly do not deserve to have to endure what was yet a further thoroughly humiliating experience.

"Quite simply, we should have had more than adequate resources to win the game. I truly believe the squad we have at our disposal is comparable to any in the SPL outwith the Old Firm but, for whatever reason, too many of them are performing at levels way below what they are capable of. As Chairman, it is my job, and that of my fellow board members, to support the management team in whatever way we can to turn things round.

"When we were looking for a new management team less than a year ago, Craig and Archie were top of our list of candidates and, as you know, we went out of our way to ensure we brought them to Pittodrie as we firmly believed they were the duo to take this Club forward. Nothing that has occurred subsequently has changed my opinion, although last night's result was a massive setback.

"Everyone at the Club, including myself, the manager and the players, needs to take a long hard look at themselves, at the preparation ahead of games, what we could do differently and, how we can improve to ensure there is no repeat of the type of feelings we all experienced last night.

"We're all in this together and we have to try and move forward, something I am well aware is far from easy. As a Club, we owe you, our loyal supporters, big time. We have let you down massively and we need to turn things round. Saturday's game at Fir Park is another huge one for this Club and an early opportunity to at least redress some of the hurt everyone is suffering right now. It will take a long time to get over this one and the only way we can do is through the performances on the park and that needs to start this weekend."

Stewart Milne, Chairman AFC

that needs to start this weekend

And if it doesn't?

As Chairman, it is my job, and that of my fellow board members, to support the management team in whatever way we can to turn things round.

Give them the resources to put a team on the park worthy of the name and the shirt... if you can't do that, fuck off.

Appeasing drivel.

I almost want us to not do well in the next three or four games, just to see what this chinless wonder will do. I honestly cannot see that the remaining supporters will tolerate the sacking of another manager.

Supporters groups should get together to demand a plan of positive action in the short, medium and long term, if this doesnt happen then the accountability stops with the board. Milne in particular has had too much wiggle room and too many other people to deflect the blame.

I propose in the short term to have aims by the January transfer window, the medium term the end of the season and long term the next season into that January transfer window.

Anybody fancy putting forward ideas for these aims?

Just what we need at a time like this - words.

He'd have been as well adding a fingercrossedsmilie after saying we 'need to turn things round' as he will do nothing other than slap a few wrists and tell them to 'make it work'.

He's not going to make any promises as to how to improve things as he has no intention of doing so.

Spineless cunt.

Just got sent into a bit of road rage listening to Duncan Fraser on Northsound (or was it Original?).

Says we have to lay off Milne, have to look at the wider economy and in particular the building industry and appreciate that Milne has to put in significant time with "his own business".

I now suspect the club are trying to alienate the fans. What other explaination is there for Fraser coming out to say shite like this?

Fuck off AFC

Just got sent into a bit of road rage listening to Duncan Fraser on Northsound (or was it Original?).

Says we have to lay off Milne, have to look at the wider economy and in particular the building industry and appreciate that Milne has to put in significant time with "his own business".

So if Milne was putting more time in to the club - not money - we'd be flying?

Heard it all now.

The main rage came from the suggestion that AFC was Milne's lower priority. If that is the case he should be stepping aside and letting someone who can commit enough to the club. No Chairman of any business would ever admit that one role was more important to them than another without stepping down.

Not only pissing off fans, but I can't imagine many of the larger shareholders would be happy with those comments either.

The main rage came from the suggestion that AFC was Milne's lower priority. If that is the case he should be stepping aside and letting someone who can commit enough to the club. No Chairman of any business would ever admit that one role was more important to them than another without stepping down.

Not only pissing off fans, but I can't imagine many of the larger shareholders would be happy with those comments either.

Some of the larger shareholders can't even be fucked going to the home games these days, I doubt those comments would really bother them.

Listening to Fraser on RedTV now and it gets worse.

Total head in the sand stuff. Apparently most clubs in the SPL have weaker squads this season, but Aberdeen fans and media recognised in the summer that we had a stronger squad at least on paper.

Attendances are down across Scotland so it's not just us. Says it is ecconomical but then says that if we go on a run the fans will come flocking back. Contradicts himself there.

Doesnt accept that the players haven't responded to Brown and Knox. Defending the performances this season, again pointing to "look at how we came back on Saturday from 2-0 down".

Fucking "higher expectations at Aberdeen than at most other clubs" FUCK OFF.

Total fucking "theres no problem here" shite. FUCK. SAKE.

This cunt has pushed me over the edge tonight.