Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

CIS cup draw - another impending firhill farrago

aye, it's important we do get up and running. and i do think we'll be too strong for thistle - complacency won't strike twice.

they've just been pumped by both dundee and accies, so clearly mccall hasn't learned much about defending since he got there. but the seeds of doubt will continue to sprout if we don't dispose of 'em comprehensively.

it's nice and close to my hoose too - although i'll be on holiday. boo!

Got to say that this is a hugely important game for us.

We simply must get a least one decent cup run this season

Agree. The cup form has been woeful recently. Not suitable for a club of our stature at all. But then I'm sure you all know that.

As for beating Thistle - we should be able to do it, but we shouldn't underestimate them.

I mean, we snap up guys they give frees to.  :(

It's a game that we should win by at least a couple....

A chance to get last season's Firhill farce out of the system.

As has already been said, we must start to deliver in the Cup's.

These games are so often about getting an early goal and allowing the players and fans to settle.

STAND FREE!!!!

8)

Right our glorious leader has been spraffing again

RedWeb spoke with Jimmy Calderwood a short time ago to get his reaction. "It is another very very difficult draw even although we were one of the seeded teams. I don't think I have had an easy draw in any of the cup competitions since I have been manager at Aberdeen.

WTF! Very very difficult! No, Drawing Real Madrid is very very difficult. Partick should be a victory!

bring it on

even better that we get to shove it right up the bin man

and Bobby Biscuit didnae realise you were in the weeg.

Should say hello to the GUASC in hubbards pre match

Actually saw you all on the train to Utd, first day of the season... that made my mind up about introducing myself!  ;)

Drew - cheers, I'll have a babysham and cherryade please...  ;)

RedWeb spoke with Jimmy Calderwood a short time ago to get his reaction. "It is another very very difficult draw even although we were one of the seeded teams. I don't think I have had an easy draw in any of the cup competitions since I have been manager at Aberdeen.

What a prize tool.

Partick Thistle, on league position, are only above East Fife and Dunfermline.  To say it is a hard draw is a complete joke.  To say he has never had an easy draw is outrageous.  You may have forgotten QP JC but you can bet your last dollar that we haven't.  I also seem to remember an embarrassingly poor performance at Motherwell in a QF too.

But Calderwood is hardly going to come out and say "Partick Thistle? Brilliant, just what we wanted as they are a load of pish and we will horse them". He will obviously give Partick a bit of extra credit. I don't think that because Calderwood has said the draw isn't easy he deserves to be criticised for that. He has a point. Although we have had two shocking performances in the cup, we have had two nasty draws as well.