Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Derek Riordan

Seems like it might be a goer just because of the timing of Maguire going. With the wages just going on a straight replacement. Hope its going ahead.  I would be happy if this was the one big(ish) name signing Brown was on about. Can't expect Messi or anything :-D

pish. both the player and (i hope) the rumour.

he's capable of the odd darren mackie wonderstrike here or there but generally is a waste of a jersey. moreover, a waste of a jersey who commands a wage we surely can't be stupid enough to pay.

riordan is everything that maguire was ever criticised for, multiplied by 10. would be an expensive step backwards. need to invest the maguire money. not piss it up the wall on a coke-head cunt.

he's capable of the odd darren mackie wonderstrike here or there but generally is a waste of a jersey. moreover, a waste of a jersey who commands a wage we surely can't be stupid enough to pay.

riordan is everything that maguire was ever criticised for, multiplied by 10. would be an expensive step backwards. need to invest the maguire money. not piss it up the wall on a coke-head cunt.

That's nonsense mate. Riordan is the third highest SPL scorer, and while he may be way behind Boyd and Larsson, he gets goals, something Maguire didn't do for us on a consistent basis (think his record is worse than 1 every 7 games or so).

Can't see it.

I'd be over the fucking moon if it happened though.

Ditto.

Nonsense. 95 goals in 149 top flight appearances speaks for itself and he was chucked out on to left wing for most of his Celtic career too.

He would be a good signing, he and Vernon would combine well.

That's nonsense mate. Riordan is the third highest SPL scorer, and while he may be way behind Boyd and Larsson, he gets goals, something Maguire didn't do for us on a consistent basis (think his record is worse than 1 every 7 games or so).

to be fair to maguire, he came onto his game only in the last season. If he had 6 more years in spl to reach riordan's age, his stats would likely catch up.

DR is a more natural goalscorer, but CM didn't get more goals generally because in most of his career, he either started out wide or spent the game having to run out wide to create space/provide crosses for vernon/others.

If riordan came in as a straight swap he'd have to do the same, his goals ratio for us would then be similar (or worse if his time playing a similar role at timothy is anything to go by) and i don't see his creativity for others being as valuable as maguire's was becoming.

Either that or DR would try to win games single-handed - succeeding on occasion, but leaving us with no clue up front in too many games.

Anyway, I know he's decent (though I don't think overly good) but he's an utter cunt of a person. Sure if he comes he'll be our cunt, but I'd worry his attitude would have a negative effect that outweighed any positive effect he might have on the pitch.