Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Theres nae doubts our songs need a bit of an update.Some of the wording in a few of them are so cringeworthy,I,and am sure many others,dont bother to partake.....'Were bouncin' on yer head', ...'10 men went to mow' etc etc.  Could be an age thing.. but still..

There were various attempts on Abmad a few years ago to introduce new songs.Threads would appear and disappear,but 9 times out of 10 the suggestions were either rehashes of other clubs songs, or samba type things from latin America,neither of which suited us,or had any association with AFC

I suggested a construct a song(s) thread where we'd suggest some of the many tunes originating from the N/E that most folk knew,...that would suit being used as a football song,and adjust and fine tune the lyrics via input from the various posters.

Or something like that,..a bit more orgiginality,and more inclusive/exclusive to a wider section of our own fans?

Theres nae doubts our songs need a bit of an update.Some of the wording in a few of them are so cringeworthy,I,and am sure many others,dont bother to partake.....'Were bouncin' on yer head', ...'10 men went to mow' etc etc.  Could be an age thing.. but still..

There were various attempts on Abmad a few years ago to introduce new songs.Threads would appear and disappear,but 9 times out of 10 the suggestions were either rehashes of other clubs songs, or samba type things from latin America,neither of which suited us,or had any association with AFC

I suggested a construct a song(s) thread where we'd suggest some of the many tunes originating from the N/E that most folk knew,...that would suit being used as a football song,and adjust and fine tune the lyrics via input from the various posters.

Or something like that,..a bit more orgiginality,and more inclusive/exclusive to a wider section of our own fans?

I get what you're saying, but football songs need to be simple (due to booze) and catchy, and reasonably well known.  All the successful new songs across the UK fit those criteria. I've no idea what NE songs (Northern light aside) are like though.

We've had the same discussions on here over the years, but I think the issue has been folk invariably just say why do we need new songs, stick to the classics etc...our repertoire is boring as fuck.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the new chants last night were spot on.

The Sam Cosgrove had the place bouncing pre-match. The new Joe Lewis one was good too, though only heard it sung at the cricket ground.

Some others too. Hopefully they don't die out too soon. Was a brilliant atmosphere last night.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Complete lack of creativity still singing songs from 70s/80s...

What about some the old ones ,here we go here we go here we go,shite on shite on shite on bar stewards below below .. Joey Harper ,Drew  Jarvis,Davie Robb , John Grieg ...!!!!

We're go up your going down were going to wreck your f@@@@@@ town ...

We really need 3/4 more modern ones that can lift the support /team .

Maybe some of our more musical fans can put something together.