Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dnipro....

Dnipro 5 Nazarenko 1, Shershun 26, Shelaev 39 pen, Melaschenko 86, 90

Hibernian 1 Riordan 24

TONY Mowbray's young Hibernian side were consigned to homework for the rest of the season after they were taught a harsh lesson in Ukraine last night to shatter their dreams of featuring in the group stage of the UEFA Cup.

Hibs boy at work said their away game lost it as at home hibs were better

Hibernian 1 Riordan 24

TONY Mowbray's young Hibernian side were consigned to homework for the rest of the season after they were taught a harsh lesson in Ukraine last night to shatter their dreams of featuring in the group stage of the UEFA Cup.

You think????  ;)

Hibernian 1 Riordan 24

You think????   ;)

You ken fit I mean - if they hadn't collapsed they would have fancied thier chances at ER

Hibs side that lost 5-1 away to Dnipro on 29/09/2005

Malkowski, Beuzelin, Caldwell, Murphy, O'Connor, Riordan, Sproule, Stewart, Hogg, Thomson, Whittaker

Hibs side that lost 4-0 away to Aberdeen on 29/04/2006

Malkowski, Shields, Caldwell, Hogg, Murphy, Whittaker, Konde, Glass, Sproule, Fletcher, Riordan

7 players in both starting line-ups.

I'm not sure how the Dnipro side now compare to then, but just a warning not to read too much into one result!

it's a hellhole, by all accounts, so i'll nae be going (besides that, i'll be back fae my holidays one day).

however, i think it's a winnable game. I remember dnipro being okay but no great shakes from that hibees game, and a bunch of their goals came in the last five minutes while hibs were pushing up the park to get one back.

pretty much the draw i thought we'd get - some doughty eastern european mob. i saw we take 'em and then make hay in the groups - remember, three from five qualify.

bring it on!

Guest Ramen Red

I have found the following link on the Guardian site on Dnipro

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/08/28/threes_a_crowd_for_dynamo_and.html

I know this is my first post on this forum, but IMHO it seems that Dnipro have got a good team and have made a reasonable start to the season. If we assume that the Ukrainan League is the same standard as the SPL (both countries have two teams in the Champions League Group Stages and have meglomaniac club owners) then both the Dons and Dnipro are evenly matched. From reading the article the success of the Dons depends on their attitude towards us. If they think we are of lesser quality than tham, then we may have a chance.

From reading the article the success of the Dons depends on their attitude towards us. If they think we are of lesser quality than tham, then we may have a chance.

And that's us in a nutshell. If we think we can beat them, chances are we won't. If we go in there with the determination we had against Rangers at the end of last season, I'm quietly confident

Had a look at that the other day.

See if you click on their club shop they have a Hibs scarf on display.

Also clicked on their fans forum, but obviously couldn't make head nor tail of it ;)

LOL I was trying to read the forums too, with the different alphabet you cant ever guess every other word.

Does anyone know if the club are going to (even try) arranging (or recommend) ways for fans to go to the away leg? I have waited for 5 years for a proper away trip, and I don't want to totally rule it out yet...

If you look on Red Web club have announced a "offical travel partner" for the trip who are putting together a package. Also passport travel are talking of putting a charter on.

I have booked trip from Wednesday to Saturday for 3 of us going from Edinburgh to Kiev via Amsterdam then train to Dnipro. Total cost looking to be about £360 each including accomodation. Cannot see the charters coming in for much less than £500 (passports trip to Ukraine last year for Scotland game was around this level) so you will propbaly be cheaper arranging it for yourself.