Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Broon - Motherwell ask for postponment

How in the name of fuck do you get to be a chairman of a top level football club without realising that the entire basis of employment in football and 'ownership' of players, coaches and managers is built on CONTRACTS?

All this talk from Boyle about the spirit of the regulations is frankly embarrassing, and clearly designed to distract the Motherwell support from what an arse he's made of it, in not getting his manager to sign up.

Boyle is a media whore who is incapable of thinking through his public statements. The very fact that he still has the audacity to sit as chairperson of that club after the disgraceful decisions he took makes all of his views redundant. My only fear is whether we can stand strong against the obvious will to show us up that will exist in every player of Motherwell FC next weekend. Personally I hope the game is postponed as I think we need a few weeks to build confidence before we come up against them.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20101216/aberdeen-and-motherwell_2212158_2245808

Aberdeen Football Club can confirm that, following constructive discussions between Duncan Fraser and Derek Weir, Motherwell FC Vice Chairman, Motherwell FC have withdrawn their complaint to the SPL in relation to the appointment of Craig Brown and Archie Knox.

Commenting on the resolution Duncan Fraser said "As I stated at the start of the week Aberdeen and Motherwell have always enjoyed an excellent relationship. At no point was the integrity of Craig or Archie questioned by either Club and we believe that we acted accordingly throughout. Both Aberdeen and Motherwell have played significant roles working with others on the challenges facing Scottish football and want to draw a line under the events of the last few days. I am grateful to the Derek Weir and the Motherwell FC Board for working with us to resolve any issues and we as a Club will make no further comment on this matter".