Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celtic Game

Excellent first half performance, but the form of the first two games slipped back in for the second half. Was impressed by Brewster once again, has the class our other strikers dont have. As my mate said, if only he was 10 years yonger - 30  ::)

Guest dundee_red

Seemed like we lost out way after Brewster went off - Miller didn't have the same physical presence against the celtic centre half's, which meant the midfield never got out and causing the ball to keep coming back at us.

Certainly a better performance, and hopefully JC will have seen that he doesn't need to play Seve at CB.

Guest dundee_red

TBH I didn't expect him to last as long as he did - just a bit frustrating that arguably our best striker is also our oldest and can't last the whole 90 minutes.

look like something from argentina

brilliant

Thought that was our best performance by far this season but we clearly lacked fitness towards the end.

The problem, as I, and others have been saying for weeks, is our pish poor pre-season.  We didn't prepare for life without anderson, we didn't settle on a strike partnership and we clearly didnae get fit.

Zander and Andy look good together but should have had a chance weeks ago.....and for us to collapse as we did was embarrasing.

We should finish top 4 on what I have seen this season so far but I hardly think that should be either acceptable or the limit of our ambition despite what folk say.

Guest dundee_red

Did the ultras not do a display like that before?  Last home game of JC's 1st season in charge?

This weeks performance was certainly better that the previous 2 weeks, but how many times have we been on a playing poorly before, only to turn in a good performance against one of the old firm and then return to mediocrity again the following week?

I still think that we lack a bit of a cutting edge up front - if we had that in the 1st half we probably would have been 2up at half time.  Although, that said, maybe against a poorer defence we would have been.

The lack of fitness is slightly more worrying.  Last season we had a habit of getting late goals, due to the good levels of fitness the players had and that probably had a big say in us finishing 3rd and not 4th or 5th.  But this season, I think we could lose quite a few late goals.

dundee min

this time last year we lost late goals to ICT and St Mirren

It took us several weeks until we managed to get late winners/equalisers ourselves

As I said this season is following a similar pattern, due in the main to our horrendous pre-season

We are, and will be, solid at the back, but yet again have no midfield to speak of.  The fact that we are all praising a 40yr old striker says it all.

We did better than we have all season today, hearts and hibs are shite, and we'll improve, and the press will wonder why we have a go at JC even though we get apparent consistency.

Guest dundee_red

Were those 2 late goals not due to us sitting to deep and allowing the opposition onto us?

I hope you're right, and I agree that the pre-season was not great, mainly the lack of establishing a centre back partnership, which has led to us playing players out of position for the 1st 2 games of the season.

Guest dundee_red

Yeah, I've started to get a pissed off at some of the shite that goes on over their.  Think I'll keep over here for a while.

Anyway, back on topic...slightly more confident about next week, and now need to decide if I'm going to go or not :-\

They are discussing the Strachan sending off yesterday on BBC Scotland - Murdo Mcleod just said one of the problems with Aberdeen is they have always had a skinfull  :hammer: Total slader by the program on Aberdeen, Sandy Clark not really standing up for us