Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

McGhee remains . . . .

. . . . apparently until at least the ICT game.

This club is fucking finished.

Keeping a manager on in these circumstances is every bit as embarassing as the result on Saturday as is having a manager who thinks he's good enough for this club and just won't leave with any semblance of dignity or attempt to keep the reputation of his. Enough already. Fucking enough.

Surprised by this thought he would be a goner, the ONLY thing that will even come close to him hanging around a little bit longet is putting 4 past ICT and getting a win on saturday, even then i dont think that will do anything to turn opinions.

Hope the players were hanging their heads in shame last night and wernt stupid enough to go out, they all need to take a long hard look at themselves

Surprised by this thought he would be a goner, the ONLY thing that will even come close to him hanging around a little bit longet is putting 4 past ICT and getting a win on saturday, even then i dont think that will do anything to turn opinions.

Hope the players were hanging their heads in shame last night and wernt stupid enough to go out, they all need to take a long hard look at themselves

Completely agree, had to happen!  ;)

He could win both games stoney, he's no the way forward such was the crushing embarassment of that performance.

Joke

If only it was.

I just don't get it. At no point in his tenure has there been a run of games where he can now say "I have to get back to that period" because bar one or two good results there's been just fuck all for him to cling to. Other than his Wiki page, obviously.  with the board not taking action, we're in real danger of this becoming a battle (again) between us and the manager/board and all it would ever be is a war of attrition.

. . . . apparently until at least the ICT game.

This club is fucking finished.

Keeping a manager on in these circumstances is every bit as embarassing as the result on Saturday as is having a manager who thinks he's good enough for this club and just won't leave with any semblance of dignity or attempt to keep the reputation of his. Enough already. Fucking enough.

source?

I have heard one of the youngsters was pished in Soul last night, but very second hand info.

By Liam McLeod

Mark McGhee will remain manager of Aberdeen despite his side's 9-0 thrashing by Celtic - but a win on Tuesday evening now appears crucial.

Discussions were held among Pittodrie board members on Sunday following the heaviest defeat in their history.

McGhee had taken training as planned in the morning ahead of a game at home to Inverness Caledonian Thistle that could decide his future as Dons boss.

He has said he was embarrassed by the score but that he would stay in charge.

"I don't really see that it is entirely necessary that there is any hangover on Tuesday night from this game," said McGhee, who will speak to the media on Monday morning ahead of the visit by a side who have not lost an away league game for a year.

"We're all embarrassed, we're all shocked and we all know we will get slaughtered, particularly me, but I can handle that."

We had chances to be ahead of the game, created by good play, good tactics and by a strategy that was working

While insisting that his strategy was working until Paul Hartley was sent off and Celtic scored from the penalty spot, McGhee knows that some will call for him to be replaced as manager after the Dons' worst defeat in 107 years.

"You are right, pressures can build, but I am not preparing for that," he told BBC Scotland. "I am preparing for Inverness on Tuesday night.

"I know what the board and chairman were thinking before this game and I have no idea if that result changes their opinion.

"This is a one-off game. Celtic thoroughly deserved to beat us by a margin. I thought nine was ridiculous and hard on us.

"I think we had ourselves to blame in a lot of areas, but Inverness is a totally different game.

"We can put this behind us. The best thing we can do is win against Inverness on Tuesday. It is three points. That is all it is."

Celtic were reduced to 10 men themselves after 41 minutes, when Thomas Rogne was sent off with the score at 3-0, but Aberdeen continued to concede goals.

"Down at half-time by four and, even when they went down to 10, I thought that at least that might possibly stabilise things for us and we could see the game out without it becoming embarrassing," said McGhee.

"But it didn't and it was ridiculous. The goals were ludicrous."

McGhee thought that his side's early play was an improvement on recent displays against Falkirk and St Mirren.

"It came as a shock," he said. "After half an hour, I thought our strategy was good.

"We had chances to be ahead of the game, created by good play, good tactics and by a strategy that was working.

"We made a couple of really good chances, one headed off the line.

"And then, of course, it all changes. Paul was sent off, they scored from the resulting penalty and we never recovered."

Fucking joke that they've just recycled quotes from yesterday. What the fuck is going on in Aberdeen?? From the board to the manager to the players to the fans to the journalists EVERYONE has been doing a fucking shite job for a long fucking time!

Fuck. That. Shite.

So he's out if we don't win on Tuesday then.

he's out then, isn't he? ICT not lost an away match all season... a stat I expect to be true on Wed morning too.

Utterly ridiculous that this cunt's and the club's immediate future are dependant upon ANOTHER match after Saturday. THAT was the match his future hung upon, had he lost then fair enough, not great but far from unexpected. Utter and complete humiliation is unacceptable, fuck the ICT game, it is no longer relevant after such a historic and comprehensively embarassing performance.

JUST

RESIGN.

PLEASE.