Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

todays P&J, mulgrew for sheff UTD

I didnt mind the flack Mulgrew got at St Mirren from the crowd as he was meant to be going to Englandshire, but I can see it back firing against us with him trying to prove a point. Looking forward to abuse the cunt properly now though.

He didn't give a fuck about the abuse that day and will be even less bothered if he ends up doubling his money at Celtic. I am in the minority but I think at Celtic and the way they play he would be a decent squad player for them, as folk have said he's not a great defender but Celtic rarely defend as much as you'd expect Aberdeen to defend.

Guest ally s

That's if they even play him in defence.  I always thought Mulgrew looked more comfortable in midfield.  Did he not earn the majority if his Scotland U-21 caps from midfield?

Decision time for Aberdeen FC star Mulgrew

Charlie set for Pittodrie exit

By Ross McTavish

Published: 21/06/2010

CHARLIE Mulgrew is expected to make a final decision on his future this week.

Celtic have been linked with a move for the out-of-contract Aberdeen FC player, who can leave Pittodrie for no fee.

English Championship side Sheffield United are also reportedly interested in the defender, as are unnamed foreign clubs.

But if the Parkhead club want to sign the player, they have been told to act fast as he wants the situation resolved quickly.

love the way that article changes from 'hes going to celtic' to 'theres been interest from celtic'

Think mulgrew has really shot himself in the foot. Hears he could go to celtic so bumps up his wages demands even further at Sheff United. They say sod off and then Celtic do the same (I hope) and its back down to earth with a bigger bang for the man who doesnt give a fuck

love the way that article changes from 'hes going to celtic' to 'theres been interest from celtic'

Think mulgrew has really shot himself in the foot. Hears he could go to celtic so bumps up his wages demands even further at Sheff United. They say sod off and then Celtic do the same (I hope) and its back down to earth with a bigger bang for the man who doesnt give a fuck

:lolabove:

It's the least he deserves :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

To be fair, Mulgrew won't be playing players the class of Walcott every week in the SPL. However, I'd pretty confident if we had a fully fit Pawlett facing him, given that he could probably give Charles a ten yard headstart and still comfortably beat him in a foot race.

If Mulgrew is going to go into the season as Celtic's first choice LB, then Lennon must be dafter than I thought.

To be fair, Mulgrew won't be playing players the class of Walcott every week in the SPL. However, I'd pretty confident if we had a fully fit Pawlett facing him, given that he could probably give Charles a ten yard headstart and still comfortably beat him in a foot race.

If Mulgrew is going to go into the season as Celtic's first choice LB, then Lennon must be dafter than I thought.

Walcott's not a great player. He's fast, but he's not an intelligent player.  Mulgrew was wandering around looking lost and incredibly slow (even when he wasn't up against Walcott).

Agree about Pawlett, although I'd rather he ran at him with the ball at his feet, I reckon Mulgrew would end up with twisted blood and sitting on his arse for most of the game.

Walcott's not a great player. He's fast, but he's not an intelligent player.  Mulgrew was wandering around looking lost and incredibly slow (even when he wasn't up against Walcott).

Agree about Pawlett, although I'd rather he ran at him with the ball at his feet, I reckon Mulgrew would end up with twisted blood and sitting on his arse for most of the game.

Just what I was about to post. Wallcott is a decent player but not that good. Could be a long, hard, funny season ahead for Mulgrew!