Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Can't find the link for the news story where he offered to build the Peacock Arts Centre and I've got to say I'm really surprised that a thread hasn't been started already regarding this, perhaps down to our sheer apathy towards goings on at our club?

So here it is.....

"Stewart Milne Group has repeated an offer to re-house the firm within its multi-million redevelopment of the historic Triple Kirks building which overlooks Union Terrace Gardens".

Now I'm not sure if that means 'giving' them a building?  If it means they're getting free rent at the Triple Kirks building for as long as they want?  If it means that they're getting floor space in a bigger project that SMG are proposing?

Now given you're talking a couple hundred thousand pounds for a city centre flat these days and bearing in mind the Peacock Visual Arts were looking to raise £13.5 million there's quite a scope for speculation as to how much SMG were giving away.

So what we talking here?

The wages of a decent striker?

A transfer fee to rival a lower division club like Dundee?

Bearing in mind that this was an 11th hour bid by Stuart Milne, something that hasn't been in the pipeline long, something that hasn't been looming over his head, something that's not pertinent to his day to day running of his business.  Not something like a new roof for the Main Stand which has been crumbling and barely passing safety inspections year on year for about the last 10 years.

This new Peacock building that he's just giving away.  For free.  "There you go".  What could you buy instead?

A purpose built training ground?

A fancy house to entice a flair player up North?

Land for a new staduim?

The repayments on a crippling loan for a season?  Two seasons?

A decent wedge of cash for a new stadium?

AFC have all these money issues and the man in charge is offering financial and building support to some Arts Centre whilst his football club is in dire need of both.  He's openly stated he's an Aberdeen fan, is he that much a fan of the arts that he'll just step forward to bail them out of trouble when his own sinking ship needs a gesture like this?

It's fucking criminal and I for one cannot get my head around why we aren't going fucking loopy over this!

Its in the UTG thread all this.

Milne can't really do anything with The Triple Kirk as it is, and it has to maintain the remaining tower as it's a listed building (the highest something something?! (It's a standard line I like to use in Exodus)) so if he 'gives' it to Peacock to build their art centre, it stops costing him any money.

I also believe you are muddling up Stewarty Milne (tight assed Dons Chairman) and the Stewarty Milne Group (large construstion company), it would be the group giving away the Kirk, not money coming right out his (very tight) pocket.

Or thats my understanding of it anyway.

I'm sure Tom will be along shortly to correct all this ;)

Dave_min's right. It's SMG who are dealing with the UTG thingy ... not Stewarty himself! On that note, it's Stewarty himself who is on the Dons board, not the Stewart Milne Group. If it were the Stewart Milne Group who were head of the Dons board, we'd have no problems with renovating Pittodrie. Yes we've got the man in-charge of Stewart Milne Group as the boss of our beloved club, but Stewart would still need to get approval from his group Senior Management Team and shareholders before pumping SMG money into Aberdeen FC.

Guest rocket debris

Whatever SMG get up to with the Triple Kirks and Peacock, SM is an opportunist who worked out 20 years ago that he could deal with Ian Donald and AFC for his own benefit.

His "love" of football is a sham, as were the share flotations, the corporate reconstruction which have Talltray as owners of Pittodrie, the amassing of debt to make the club an unattractive investment proposition for others, the empty rhetoric about listening to others and the subsequent action towards others, the debts that AFC plc pay worse than commercial interest to SMG and others, the appointment of Willie Miller; in fact the whole chairmanship of SM has been a sham.

The sham scam has gone pear-shaped for him. He doesn't know how to get out of it intact. 

Guest leith_red

I don't think thats true, the shares in AFC are owned by the SMG not Stewart Milne.

Some of the shares are held by SM and some by SMG, in the same way as some shares are held by AAM and some held by whoever thier board member is.

The other thing that people seem to be conflating is chairmanship with ownership - they are not the same thing, at least not in this case.  The shares held by SM, including SMG, total about a third of the total shares issued by Aberdeen Football Club.  In theory, SM could be the biggest shareholder, but not be on the board (or be on teh board but not chairman). 

Guest rocket debris

Well why is he Chairman if he doesn't own any of the club.

Why do you think? Do you not know anything? Butt out if you're this thick. Idiot.

Tell me why it was left to me? You think it's acceptable for shit like that to get posted? Fucking retard. 

Why do you think? Do you not know anything? Butt out if you're this thick. Idiot.

Tell me why it was left to me? You think it's acceptable for shit like that to get posted? Fucking retard.

Excellent post. You addressed my concerns both Clearly and Concisely.

Would read again.

9/10

:wave: Earned yourself a temporary ban there.

Has wiggy been talking to Trump?

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1757168?UserKey=

In an exclusive interview with the Press and Journal, the billionaire revealed that the course would be able to hold more spectators than any other golf venue in the world.

He said every single hole has been designed with “hundreds of thousands of people in mind”.

Mr Trump also revealed that he had been approached about investing in a Scottish football team – and this was a “possibility”. “Stranger things have happened,” he said. “People have spoken to me about it, so we will see.”

Mr Trump told his guests on the newly-named Great Dunes of Scotland that their “tremendous support” would not be forgotten.

Or has another chairman been quicker off the mark?