Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Willie awa rumour?

From today's Herald:

With stories circulating that either some, or all, of the management group – assistant manager Scott Leitch, goalkeeping coach Colin Meldrum and director of football Willie Miller – would be departing the club, McGhee made it plain everyone was staying at the club.

“I want to finally clear it all up by saying I came to Aberdeen to do a job,” he said, “and I will see it through.

“I stated right at the start of my [managerial] time at Pittodrie that I expected it to be a rocky road and that it might take me up to two years to get where I want to be.”

McGhee also refused to confirm speculation that he was keen to take Adam Virgo, the player he sold to Celtic during his time in charge at Brighton and Hove Albion, and Rory McArdle, the Rochdale defender, to the club.

Meanwhile, Aberdeen yesterday released Stuart Duff, the utility player signed two seasons ago by the then manager Jimmy Calderwood.

McGhee, keen to free up money for new recruits, decided there was no longer a place at the club for the former Dundee United player.

“Stuart has proved over the course of last season that he can do a decent job,” said McGhee, “but my priority is to spend the budget on players more likely to be guaranteed a starting place in the team.”

Davide Grassi, another out-of-contract defender, has been offered a short-term deal at Pittodrie.