Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

14-Team SPL

A 14 team league especially one with a top 6 bottom 8 split would be a disaster, really don't see the attraction of a league with some teams playing more than others.

Modelling it on the dutch leagues could work though, i seem to remember there being some exciting run ins over the past few years in dutch football.

Completely. The standard of football has increased considerably over the past couple of seasons and teams that have invested heavily in developement (FC Twente and AZ as an example) have seen results improve on the pitch too. A lot of teams are capable of getting results against the "big 3" now and it's already been quite an exciting season so far.

AS GD says, a playoff system for the final champions league spot, albeit qualifying spot, would be quite interesting. Though both the two ugly cunts would not allow it to happen as they would view it as their right having finished higher in the league.

On a very pissed off note, why not have one off games, neutral venue, betweeen the top 4 teams to decide who plays in the various yooorupeeen competitions?

The ugly sisters will still (courtesy of "generous" refereeing) win most often, but it would offer the likes of oursels, the embra twins, DUFK, or evem maybe Motherewell a chance to make real money once in a blue moon.

Kick out the bigot brothers now (as they say they are leaving anyway given the chance) and have a 16 team league

1= more competitive

2=fuck the old firm

3 - Even less money. Would only work if a shit-load more folk started coming to games to see this new-found competitiveness.

A pretense of change when in effect absolutely none of the serious problems are being addressed, and a coward of a chief exec (Doncaster I think he's called?) doing everything he can to pass himself off as progressive when actually he's yet another bootlick for the OF.

Absolute non-story to everyone apart from fans of the top sides in the 1st div. Congratualtions lads, soon you will be able to say you are a part of the laughing-stock of european football leagues.

A pretense of change when in effect absolutely none of the serious problems are being addressed, and a coward of a chief exec (Doncaster I think he's called?) doing everything he can to pass himself off as progressive when actually he's yet another bootlick for the OF.

Absolute non-story to everyone apart from fans of the top sides in the 1st div. Congratualtions lads, soon you will be able to say you are a part of the laughing-stock of european football leagues.

I suspect it is the dregs of the spl that are pushing for this as much as the top teams in the 1st

3 - Even less money. Would only work if a shit-load more folk started coming to games to see this new-found competitiveness.

They would eventually especially if more teams had a chance of winning things.

I know it looks like football would die without the old firm but this is just scaremongering by some people.

Probably the same people who said thousands of pubs would close with the smoking ban.

Just like the Aberdeen fans came back in their droves when JC was sacked?

I don't think it's worth the risk of anecdotal fickle fitba fans predictions of who would come back to the fitba or nae.

They OF need reigned in - not shipped oot.

p.s. thousands of pubs have closed since the smoking ban was introduced  :-\

This.

Rest of teams need to grow a pair and stand up to them.