Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hamilton

THE HISTORY

Aberdeen will be seeking their 100th league goal against Hamilton at Pittodrie on Saturday. In all previous 42 meetings the Dons 99 goals have yielded an impressive 29 wins with only six defeats. Hamilton's brief excursions in the top flight in Scotland were far from memorable as Aberdeen were undefeated in all eight Premier League meetings before the Accies finally won at Pittodrie in September 2008, their first win in Aberdeen since September 1930.

While Hamilton have just edged the previous SPL meetings, it is Aberdeen who have held the upper hand overall. Ever since the first meeting in 1904, the Dons have won about half of all the league meetings, scoring 152 goals from 84 matches. Hamilton first appeared in the Premier Division in 1986, some nine years after the new ten team set up came into force. Their stay was a brief one and by virtue of the Accies now securing their SPL status for at least a third season, means that they are currently enjoying their longest stay in the Premier League to date.

Hamilton are one a few sides that Aberdeen have met in all four leagues that Aberdeen have competed in the past. Apart from the more recent Premier Division and SPL, the Dons have also met the Accies in the old First Division on 68 occasions as well as facing Hamilton in what was the Dons only season in Division Two, in 1904.05.

In 1953, ten man Aberdeen went on to hammer Hamilton 5-1 at Pittodrie. After Hughie Hay had levelled for the Dons in the second half he had to go off injured after a head knock. With no substitutions, a depleted Aberdeen went on to score four goals in 20 minutes with Paddy Buckley running riot with a 17-minute hat trick.

--------

In or Oot: In

Prematch: Prob Broadhill

Match: Section Y hopefully in the sun

Postmatch: Out in toon

Prediction: 1-0 dons

In or Oot: Out

Prematch: Calderwood in Bonnyrigg

Match: Cowshed at New Dundas Park for Bonnyrigg v Linlithgow

Postmatch: Couple of beers and early night as off down to Sunderland v Man U on Sunday

Prediction: Accies to win a boring end of season game 1-0

Guest ally s

A couple of mates of mine are going too, had I not been going to the Aberdeen game I probably would have joined them.

In or Oot: In

Prematch: Not sure

Match: RDU

Postmatch: Not sure

Prediction: 1-0 Aberdeen

Guest leith_red

In or Oot: Out

Prematch: Calderwood in Bonnyrigg

Postmatch: Muraryfield for Rugby League

Prediction: Boring 0-0

Mark McGhee makes three changes to the team that drew with St. Johnstone last weekend. Langfield, Mulgrew and Diamond all return to the starting eleven as Nelson and Marshall drop to the bench and Mackie misses out through suspension. Joining Nelson and Marshal on the bench are Paton, Fyvie, McDonald, Robertson and Shaughnessy. Today's match official is Steven McLean.

Aberdeen: Langfield, Grassi, Mulgrew, Foster, Ifil, Diamond, Duff, Kerr, MacLean, Young, Aluko.

Hamilton: Murdoch, McLenahan, Canning, McLaughlin, Wesolowski, McArthur, Neil, F. Paixao, M. Paixao, Imrie, Mensing.

Fuck! If I hadna spent 2 hours in my ain bank trying to transfer £60k from 2 accounts into one so I can buy a hoose and still they want my passport I'd have been at the game.

Ty hbos!

A true fan would have given the 60k to AFC for players.

Not a good attendance, or good game. Think the biggest crowd reaction came from Kerr being substituted.

Not good by any means, for what It's worth I think Ifil played the Hamilton player onside for their offside goal so could have been four.