Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

In or Out

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Langfield, Mulgrew, Foster, Diamond, Considine, Maguire, Kerr, Aluko, Pawlett, Marshall, Paton, Megginson, Fyvie, Grimmer.

I'll probably be in the minority by choosing to keep 14 but I reckon that group with a decent boss and a sprinkling of experienced new signings, adding in the rest of the kids coming through and we'll be grand.

10 for me:

Langfield (though I'd prefer someone better)

Foster

Diamond

Considine

Aluko

Pawlett

Paton

Megginson

Fyvie

Grimmer

Thought hard about Duff, Young, Mackie and Maguire.  I'd probably be tempted to keep Duff as a squad player. Maguire I think has the potential but I reckon maybe a change is best for both parties now. Mackie and Young have their uses as squad players, but I think both are indicative of the general malaise that's been over Pittodrie for a couple of years now and would be better for everyone if they could find new clubs.

Langfield

Foster

Diamond

Considine

Auko

Maguire

Pawlett

Paton

Fyvie

Grimmer

Megginson

As BB said, would be tempted to keep Duff as a squad player as he offers a certain degree of versatility but would sacrifice him for someone better who plays in one or two of his positions. Maguire I would keep as I would like to see him given a prolonged run starting up front and see what he can do. Young and Mackie, good servants to the club but time to part amicably and wish each other all the best for the future. I thought long and hard about Mulgrew but aside from him leaving this summer, what does he actually contribute to the team? Always a danger from set-pieces, however his defending is suspect most of the time and he has never excelled when pushed into a midfield role. Saying that I would probably keep him given the chance.

Another interesting aspect is the most popular players tend to be youngsters and some who haven't even played a game for us. It also shows that we're really reliant on the youngsters making the grade.

I think McGhee is right that we need 10 new players!

Im surprised Nelson has only 5 votes. A vast improvement on Bossu and not had more than a couple of games.

He played well against Hull, but was he not awful in his only other game for us? I'd rather see some young Scottish player come through from our youth system, there must be someone? What happened to that Polish kid who was meant to be amazing?

In ::

Langfield

Foster

Diamond

Considine

Maguire

Aluko

Pawlett

Paton

Megginson

Fyvie

Grimmer

MacLean

Young or Duff

Out ::

Mulgrew

McDonald

Kerr

Mackie

Grassi

Marshall

Nelson

Ifil

Paterson

Young or Duff

13 in and 10 out, no real surprises though.

Time for some analysis and stats:

Pawlett100%
Fyvie100%
Diamond94%
Paton94%
langfield92%
Foster88%
Grimmer88%
Megginson82%
Considine80%
Aluko78%
Maguire73%