Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Stuart Duff

‘I’m still hoping for an Aberdeen FC contract’

Midfielder Duff undecided over future

By Ross McTavish

Published: 28/06/2010

ABERDEEN FC’s Stuart Duff today admitted he is still in limbo as he fights for his future.

The 28-year-old is a free agent after being told he would not be offered a new deal by Aberdeen FC.

But Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee claimed he could bring Duff back to the club if he does not find a replacement.

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1801667#ixzz0sEsTfDZo

So he will be coming back into the flock then.

The great amazing revolving news story. It's got the feel of groundhog day.

I hope he finds another club and tells Mcghee to stick it. The way he's being treated is uncalled for.

Spot on.

I wonder what McGhee's excuses will be when we've signed nobody.

Bring back Dutch lower league players.

The great amazing revolving news story. It's got the feel of groundhog day.

I hope he finds another club and tells Mcghee to stick it. The way he's being treated is uncalled for.

Yeah, agree with that. Clearly loved playing for us and would have to think that's the biggest reason he's willing to be treated like this.  it is no way to treat someone at all.

Eh? Would he? The way I see it he's just struggling for other options. I quite like the boy. (Not so much as a player admittedly but we can't afford to be picky.) But I don't see what suddenly propelled him to Aberdeen through and through status? ???

Eh? Would he? The way I see it he's just struggling for other options. I quite like the boy. (Not so much as a player admittedly but we can't afford to be picky.) But I don't see what suddenly propelled him to Aberdeen through and through status? ???

He's always been Aberdeen through and through. Its his saving grace, he is a poor poor player.

Certainly not fair on Duff. The way he is being treated will surely be noticed by other players those actually in the squad and also prospective signings. Whether or not it bothers Duff himself is irrelevant it's hardly projecting a professional image for the club. In a day and age where lack of commitment to a club is bemoaned by the supporters it is somewhat disheartening to see a player showing commitment being dealt with in this way. It surely can only serve to further damage an obviously fragile dressing room.

However the really depressing thing, for me personally, is the absolute lack of signings or even hint of. At Cheltenham we've gone from having one player signed on for next season to fifteen since the end of last season, with potentially two more before the end of this week. Now I'm not saying any of these players could or should have been interesting us (Aberdeen) but it does show that there are players about looking to get signed up and are not holding out for massive wages.

I think that is the sad state of affairs that we find ourselves in Baggy! i got a text from a tim mate who reluctantly said Charlie "cunt" Mulgrew will be their first signing. Just shows how shit the whole of Scottish football is really! I'm hoping that things heat up a bit after the world cup, but I don't see this as a reason as to why we've had nothing. Its hardly like we're after players of international quality and they are away on duty.

The way the club are treating Duff is disgraceful, I don't care how bad he was as a player (which he was), it's horrific that a player who has a genuine affection for the club can be treated this way. I don't want to see you at the club next season Duff, but you deserve to be treated with dignity.

Viva la Red Revolution!

They really shot themselves in the foot with that slogan.

By not backing it up with anything substantial they will see a revolt but it will be an acceleration of the fans' giving up. I'd be genuinely amazed if there aren't thousands of people who either have this year, or ar very close to turning their backs on Aberdeen for good.

It's as if the people who market AFC are a joint venture from the OF clubs to increase their fanbase in the north. If not from people switching allegience but from people stopping supporting AFC and then creating a vacuum of next generation support that the OF (and EPL) are best placed to move into.

They really shot themselves in the foot with that slogan.

By not backing it up with anything substantial they will see a revolt but it will be an acceleration of the fans' giving up. I'd be genuinely amazed if there aren't thousands of people who either have this year, or ar very close to turning their backs on Aberdeen for good.

It's as if the people who market AFC are a joint venture from the OF clubs to increase their fanbase in the north. If not from people switching allegience but from people stopping supporting AFC and then creating a vacuum of next generation support that the OF (and EPL) are best placed to move into.

I'm not really sure you can blame the marketing department.  It's not really their fault that the product they're trying to sell is in fact a steaming pile of dog shite.

At least they're putting in the effort.

In fact, give them all a jersey.

Ex-Aberdeen FC star training with Dundee United

Duff considering Caley move

Published: 07/07/2010

STUART Duff is training with Dundee United this week in a bid to keep fit as he decides on his future.

The midfielder’s contract at Aberdeen FC has expired and he is a free agent.

Duff will also speak to Inverness boss Terry Butcher, who is reportedly keen on signing him.

Duff said: “I’ve had a few offers from a couple of teams north and south of the border, but I’m just deciding what is my best option.

“I will probably speak to Terry in the next week or so.”