Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

I thought Grassi did well today was able to pass the ball instead of a big punt and within 2 mins of him coming on he played a huge part in the pen. His defending at times was brilliant

Thought is sounded like he did well, Also (tin hat on) Duff and Young seemed to battle well.

First 25 minutes was dreadful, probably up there with the worst i've seen in years. Once we scored confidence came back, think Mulgrew put in a great ball and Diamond headered it home. It was a defo pen. Paterson and Aluko offered nothing on the left, thought Kerr had a decent game but Paton probably MOTM for me. We defo deserved a draw but hopefully we can build on it and actually win a game of football next weekend.

Grassi was pish - nearly cost us a goal. Paterson was shite and rightly got hooked. Maclean came on a as a sub - pretty pish. Kerr - nae great - aimless punts - never brought the ball doon to to control it and look for a pass.. Mulgrew - free kicks way off - nae his usual standard. Aluko - nae great either - where's his flair and pace gone?

Pretty uninterested terrible performance in the most. United's first goal nae bad. Definitely a penalty - Duff was floored. Utd had a few chances they should have scored from in the second half - including one play was was cleared off the line twice and then fired just wide.

People looking at a draw as some sort of success? Nothing to get excited about. In the context a draw is pretty bad. Roll on St Mirren  ::)

Not getting over excited, They did well to battle back from 2-0 down, but they should not have been 2-0 in the 1st place. But then going by Mcghee's words earlier in the season "for every good performance a terrible one is just around the corner"

Watchin Aberdeen's no good for my liver.

Aye but that doesn't matter if we're doing well or badly. Its the only constant :D

So Mentor, does this classify as a good performance?  :-\  I've just seen the highlights (I know you can't really tell much from them), but we created fuck all. It looked like a terrible game and I don't know if its just me, but you can tell there is something missing from the crowd even when we score. Its not got the same ferocity as it did before.

Aluko - nae great either - where's his flair and pace gone?

My theory is it vanished as soon as he got a permanant contract.

Soon as he signed for us in his eyes it meant he wasnt good enough for the premiership or championship so was doomed to either 3rd tier english or SPL. Then the whole fiasco with the Nigeria squad earlier this season and basically his dreams were stamped on.

Unfortunately while some young players can accept they wont be world cup winners and just make the best of their situation, he seems to be going the other way. If hes not careful he will end up alongside the likes of Leon Mike about 3 divisions below the conference.

Aye but that doesn't matter if we're doing well or badly. Its the only constant :D

So Mentor, does this classify as a good performance?  :-\  I've just seen the highlights (I know you can't really tell much from them), but we created fuck all. It looked like a terrible game and I don't know if its just me, but you can tell there is something missing from the crowd even when we score. Its not got the same ferocity as it did before.

Hard to tell as I can only go what I hear on redtv and they tend to be biased. They will say Aberdeen played well then I will hear from people who come here or my parents who were at the game and they say they were crap.

May not a good performance but they seemed to show some battle.

At least the team showed a bit of fight yesterday.  A few folk left at 0-2 and I don't blame them as we were awful for the first half hour.  I am not sure what formation we were playing, but it appeared to be a 4-3-3 up against a 4-4-2 which didn't seem to work.  We played well in the second half though and maybe could have sneaked it.

It was a more encouraging performance but when the fuck will we next win?

Guest ally s

I thought we played quite well in the second half, Paton, Duff, and Kerr had really decent games imo.

Like most I feared the worst when it went to 2-0 but credit where it's due, we dug in and deserved at least a point.