Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

A movement against Milne and the Board?

Will there be chants or protests against Stewart Milne and the Board any time soon?  there is a huge feeling of unrest amongst the support, most of which appreciate that the problems stem from the board room.  Will there be a revolt? Do people care enough to protest these days?

And even if they do, would Milne and the rest pay any heed?

Personally I think that since most supporters wanted JC oot and then backed MM as his replacement, 8 months later and its all gone a bit pear shaped therefore its much easier to blame Miller and Milne than maybe admit they backed the wrong horse.

People are underestimating the difference a good manager can make to the team.

There was a brief bout of 'sack the board' today

Then a little argument began between 2 charming gents infront to us kicked off

The usual question of 'aye milne fucks off, are you gonna replace him???

'aye i will'

'you got 5million then?'

'Aye a do...hes a cunt and should fuck off'

'shut the fuck up'

'aye whatever'

Personally I think that since most supporters wanted JC oot and then backed MM as his replacement, 8 months later and its all gone a bit pear shaped and its much easier to blame Miller and Milne than maybe admit they backed the wrong horse.

People are underestimating the difference a good manager can make to the team.

Most supporters? are you sure?  I mean, I thought it was time for JC to go, but I certainly wasn't convinced MM was the right choice. It's two exclusive decisions.  The fact Alex Miller was an abortion of a manager doesn't mean that we should have kept Roy Aitken, eh? (and before the pedants start, I'm not suggeting JC was akin to Roy Aitken as manager)

And who is underestimating the difference a good manger can make to the team? JC won 4, iirc, matches in 2009 with Aberdeen.  That's pretty much as hellish as the run we're on at the moment.

Saved from relegation by a technicality.

Manager after manager, disposed of at a whim.

Riduculous managerial appointments-alex "fucking" smith, pateson, Skovdhal.

Little investment from the surrounding industrial wealth.

Refusal to buy the surrounding land around Pittodrie.

Scant regard for the support.

Refusal to invest in good quality playing staff, despit evidence of the contrary.

8 Million in debt

Last cup win 1995.

Our board of directors legacy.

Fuck them and the horse they rode on. Aberdeen as a team are well supported DESPITE these people.

The 800 that decided to bother with the falkirk raping, I applaud you.

Most supporters? are you sure?  I mean, I thought it was time for JC to go, but I certainly wasn't convinced MM was the right choice. It's two exclusive decisions.  The fact Alex Miller was an abortion of a manager doesn't mean that we should have kept Roy Aitken, eh? (and before the pedants start, I'm not suggeting JC was akin to Roy Aitken as manager)

And who is underestimating the difference a good manger can make to the team? JC won 4, iirc, matches in 2009 with Aberdeen.  That's pretty much as hellish as the run we're on at the moment.

Nah, you're probably right, I've just been on the hat and my reply was obviously influenced

I think there will be protests very soon if things don't improve, although I'm not sure what good it will do by forcing our guarantor out in this credit crunching times when we have nearly 10 million pounds of debt.

Nah, you're probably right, I've just been on the hat and my reply was obviously influenced

I think there will be protests very soon if things don't improve, although I'm not sure what good it will do by forcing our guarantor out in this credit crunching times when we have nearly 10 million pounds of debt.

Well we can only force him out if there's an alternative to him i.e. someone or a group who are able and willing to buy a controlling share in the club.

Well we can only force him out if there's an alternative to him i.e. someone or a group who are able and willing to buy a controlling share in the club.

Do you think there is an alternative to Milne out there?, loads of clubs are currently looking for investors and I doubt we're an attractive prospect nowadays.

We're probably much stuck with one another unfortunately.

The only way you will get an investor in football is to find someone who has no financial ties whatsoever.

If someone can convince Milne to sell his company for what it is supposedly valued at (£200million or so, is it not since the recession?) then perhaps he would be tempted to do a jack walker or what Eddie Thompson did after hed sold morning noon & night to scotmid.

Hes been laying off staff and his company's workload has dropped significantly. If he dares invest any company money in the club he will be crucified by the directors, press, unions, investors, staff and ill bet the taxman will want a word too.

And im sure Mrs Milne and co will have something to say should he start throwing serious chunks of the family money into the bottomless pit of SPL football.

Get him retired, super rich and bored and you may have this dream chairmen everyone expects him to be.

Guy infront of me who got into the little argument threw Ian wood's name into the hat but seemed dismissive when I said he wouldnt be stupid enough to throw his money away and is allegedly not interested in football at all. Far as I see hes far more interested in throwing £50million into filling in union terrace gardens

Do you think there is an alternative to Milne out there?, loads of clubs are currently looking for investors and I doubt we're an attractive prospect nowadays.

We're probably much stuck with one another unfortunately.

Absolutely not, they would have appeared by now if they were going to. The only other option is surely a hostile takeover involving the fans... but it would take a lot of fans.

But that just it though.  Milne isnt running AFC as well his construction company, otherwise AFC would be worth 200 million in a recession.

Is running a building firm the same as running a football club?

If yer brickies and joiners cant be arsed each week you can sack them and dont have to pay off their contracts in full (why the fuck is that allowed in football and nowhere else???). Plus ive never heard of a construction firm losing their development for fuck all in the summer

You also dont have 9000 people turning up on yer building site every second saturday criticising your grouting.

Beggars the question, should be a university degree in football business studies?

You also dont have 9000 people turning up on yer building site every second saturday criticising your grouting.

You've obviously nae seen the quality of the SMG houses on the south-side of Portlethen, then!

The protests against Jimmy were so pathetic, because the fans were split. Some were EXTREMELY anti-Jimmy. But most of us were either happy with the status-quo, or weren't really so bothered as to stop what we were doing and join in the crappy protests.

The board, however, have 15 years of failure on their resume. I strongly believe a well-organised protest would be well supported by the fans, and could actually bear fruit.

I believe there is money out there, waiting to be invested in Aberdeen. I also firmly believe none of this money will come to Aberdeen whilst Milne is in charge.

This is my in previous posts  Reekie, as long as Milne says he wont sell his shares first, then in a way he is being subtly obstructive to any outside interest.

Whatever model the board and Milne has been following has been a failure.  I was thinking about this today. Fair enough the hun are nuts deep in debt, but the banks wont call it in.  Why? Because they are a proven SUCCESFUL brand. 9 league titles in a row, enough scottish cups to get bored shaking a stick at, a european cup final.

For us to be the ONLY SPL team in the NE, we are a unique selling point as well as not being handicapped by another team in the same city such as Dundee, Edinburgh and the weege.

That, to me in business terms should be a head start.  To this lot in charge? Is it fuck. That fact in itself makes me realise they do not know how to market the club.

I'm with you Bobby, totally behind JC going, but also thought MM was a hasty decision and we should have spoken to all interested parties. That said he's here now and despite some disasters, the things he is saying are pretty much what the support are thinking.( or me anyway ) It's hard to hound a guy who is pointing out the problems that we've seen for the past 5-10 yrs and no one has challenged so far.

Is that true though? Take it back a year or so ago and McGhee's comments are exactly the same Jimmy had been coming out with regarding the mentality of the team. It was worse for Calderwood as they were mostly his side but I don't excuse McGhee because in Grassi he has signed the worst fucking player I have seen in years.

I blame Ian Donald and Milne for the sorry state of affairs the club is in.

However, I'm not aware of Milne ever saying he won't sell his shares.  As stated by others, there is simply nobody out there willing to come in and invest a decent amount of money.  We are in a mess.

But who would want to get involved with a club who's fans seemingly spit at their manager, and organise protests while we are chasing European qualification?  I don't believe we are a particularly pleasant or attractive proposition for anyone.