Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Without wishing to go over old ground, it smacks a wee bit of Newcastle circa 2005...sacked Bobby Robson because 5th wasn't good enough for the fans and, well, look at them now :(

possibly but our record from beating the tims to the end of the season was every bit as bad as our record at present.

In fact we won 4 out of 19 at the end of last season (21%) compared to 7 out of 25 (28%) this season (all competitions 8 out of 31 (25%) )

Wasn't it 92? Either way the only similarity is like McGhee the players had stopped playing for Smith.

But Smith was in the job a lot longer than McGhee.  I'm wondering if some of the players have ever started playing for McGhee.  It's been by-and-large a shambles from Sigma onwards.

Or like Aberdeen 91 when Alex Smith was sacked  :(

Smith had the most talented or 2nd most talented squad in the league. We had been pumped out the league cup by Airdrie at home and out of Europe after losing to BK1903 Copenhagen at home and were 6th in the league and plummeting quickly. The players stopped playing for Smith, a lot of which could probably be related back to Jocky Scott leaving.  I've met Alex Smith several times and he's a lovely guy, but he had to go.

5 points behind hearts but with a game in hand. Easily beaten them twice this year but fuck knows if the players will show up. Do I even really care? If we win, all it will do is lift us up before we thrown back onto the rocks against Hamilton or St Johnstone.