Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Falkirk

Now I'm not the type to over react and rant after a defeat but....

I was lucky enough to miss the Motherwell game (through no fault of my own) so tonight was the low point of my season. I'm struggling to remember such an inept and toothless performance as i witnessed tonight. Frankly it was embarrassing just how much we failed tonight, against a very poor team struggling at the foot of the table. Struggling to put how annoyed I am into words.

For me Ifil was fucking atrocious, a "defender" that cant do the very basic defensive duties that should have been mastered at primary school ages is quite frankly an embarrassment. For 90 minutes today he was pulled all over the shop, failed to attack a single ball instead waiting for it to bounce in the box or just run onto a falkirk player. quite frankly i'm embarrassed he gets the opportunity to play for aberdeen. At this minute i'd honestly rather have john ingles, thats how inept he was tonight.  If he cant even do the simple things expected of a defender at any level then he has to be dropped, soon.

McLean looked as if he could be a player if he had the right service, however as usual the service provided was a mix or terrible punts up field and hopeful nothing balls. McDonald started wide right and was ineffective in a role he looked uncomfortable, however he improved slightly when moved into the middle when he was involved in a lot of the play. Langfield made a couple of great saves to keep it at 1-0 (manage to see that then rocket?  :wave:) and from what i saw didnt do an awful lot wrong in the 90 minutes (although id like to see the goal again)

Whoever mentioned there being no style of play got it bang on.  saying we're aiming for slick passing football is one thing, i'd even have accepted a direct long ball game however tonight (along with one or two other occasions ive seen this season) has been 90 minutes of nothingness, a total lack of any kind of game plan, and frankly its shocking.

All this talk of a transitional season is a load of pish, it's never been an excuse before and it shouldnt be now, parts of the performance tonight were that inept it reminded me of paterson's reign.

As soon as young came on the game picked up a bit and in particular there was one move that young was heavily involved in that looked great and almost lead to a goal, apart from that it was 90 minutes of pure unadulterated shite.

Langfield, McLean (purely because he did the very best working with the pish service he was provided with) and Young were the only ones to get anywhere near pass marks for me. Mackie wasnt bad but barring that the rest fail for me.

It was interesting at the final whistle one fan sitting just infront of me right behind the dugout pointed out in no uncertain terms to McGhee and Leitch that the performance was in no way acceptable and McGhee seemed very surprised at hearing that.  If he didnt realise just how poor tonight was against a team struggling at the bottom of the table then i dont know what will make him realise what's expected of the team.

It's nights like this that make me realise just why attendances are dropping. Results and more importantly performances like this need to stop. and quickly.

It was interesting at the final whistle one fan sitting just infront of me right behind the dugout pointed out in no uncertain terms to McGhee and Leitch that the performance was in no way acceptable and McGhee seemed very surprised at hearing that.  If he didnt realise just how poor tonight was against a team struggling at the bottom of the table then i dont know what will make him realise what's expected of the team.

That's startling.  Losing to anyone at home wouldn't have been accepted when McGhee played for us, there's no reason for it to be accepted now he's manager.

Aberdeen FC boss furious after defeat

Players were ‘unprofessional’

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 03/02/2010

FURIOUS Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee today accused his players of being “unprofessional†after losing 1-0 at home to bottom club Falkirk and slipping to seventh place in the SPL.

Colin Healy’s first half strike was enough to give the Bairns their first win over Aberdeen FC at Pittodrie since 1958.

McGhee said: “It was an unprofessional and irresponsible performance.

Players at this level should be capable of a lot better.â€

Seen Falkirks goal on TV earlier, nice finish.

To give McGhee's his dues, one of the many lines being fed to us about how McGhee is the perfect new boss as he can get the best out of his players. He really has been able to get the best out of Jimmy's drossiest dross, another decent performance from both Mackie & Young (apparently, as I wasn't there to witness this latest disaster)

He really has been able to get the best out of Jimmy's drossiest dross, another decent performance from both Mackie & Young (apparently, as I wasn't there to witness this latest disaster)

The only thing I recall Mackie doing was running. His effort was commendable and would have every reason to think he left the field having given his 100%. However, other than this, Mackie didn't do much.