Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Everytime I log onto afc chat Nicnac says he's going to ban me. But you don't react. You just bide your time, then leave for another forum.

Ok, he never actually says/said that. I just made it up.

Now I look like a fucking pleb.

Nice one Marko.

Guest rocket debris

Exclusive? Shocker? It's quite common for managers to speak shite actually.

Calderwood did it once, Can't remember what but I know he did.

SAF said that he wouldn't sell that mob a virus then the hypocritical cunt sold them his best player.

And Arsene the Arse at Arsenal said that he never seen it. He probably used better grammar than that come to think of it. I'm pretty sure that in French English education establishments that they try to rise above fitba manager speak. But we caught him on HD at the precise moment of the incident and by engaging geometry we were able to determine that the angle of his vision was precisely toward the disputed incident. We are still working on the focusometry of the length of his stare to prove beyond reasonable doubt but I'm pretty sure he was lying.

In fairness to McGhee tho it was quite obviously a tongue in cheek remark - that's how I took it anyway

Why the fuck has Hegarty come over all wounded - what is going on with men these days - why are they all turning into wee sensitive souls and complete wimps

I don't want namby pamby pussies playing for my team I want strong fierce marine type psychos who play to win at all costs - real men  ;);D

what a lot of mince!

in all the time i've played competitive sport one of the first things you do is find a way to wind up your opponent. puts them off their game and helps them lose concentration. I'm quite sure Hegarty will have done this as well, and for him to come across as all hurt and raging is fucking nonsense!

I am absolutely raging. His comments are disgraceful. I don't know where he gets that from. I never said anything like that in my life

yeah, i'm sure when you played you commented on the weather and asked if he'd like to come round for tea and biscuits :wanker:

Guest rocket debris

what a lot of mince!

in all the time i've played competitive sport one of the first things you do is find a way to wind up your opponent. puts them off their game and helps them lose concentration.

I never needed to engage mind games, being so patently confident, superior and dominant.

In fairness to McGhee tho it was quite obviously a tongue in cheek remark - that's how I took it anyway

Why the fuck has Hegarty come over all wounded

Totally agree. Hegarty has come out and said this because we turned over UTD. Dry yer eyes you fucking girl (not you HD).

Exactly - only reason I posted this was to make the folk who a few months ago stated otherwise look like the fools that they are. It should be about the results and the fitba - anyone who says otherwise or nit-picks comments in the press is just trying to paper over the cracks in their lack of weighted argument about the fitba. "Jumping on a bandwagon", if you prefer.

Been a wee while since the bandwagon was in town ;)

Exactly - only reason I posted this was to make the folk who a few months ago stated otherwise look like the fools that they are. It should be about the results and the fitba - anyone who says otherwise or nit-picks comments in the press is just trying to paper over the cracks in their lack of weighted argument about the fitba. "Jumping on a bandwagon", if you prefer.

The hard time JC got about the pish he spoke was just another stick to beat him with as you rightly point out.  The whole comparison thing got more than tiresome a long time ago though. And I do wonder if this would have happened had another manager got the job instead of McGhee, and I should say that comparison is fine and it's what we have to do, but how it's being done is not doing anyone any favours.  Just because he was the choice of others and hailed as a saviour by those same blind people doesn't mean we should be any quicker - or slower - on his back than we would be with anyone else. 

The hard time JC got about the pish he spoke was just another stick to beat him with as you rightly point out.  The whole comparison thing got more than tiresome a long time ago though. And I do wonder if this would have happened had another manager got the job instead of McGhee, and I should say that comparison is fine and it's what we have to do, but how it's being done is not doing anyone any favours.  Just because he was the choice of others and hailed as a saviour by those same blind people doesn't mean we should be any quicker - or slower - on his back than we would be with anyone else.

I don't think that's the case, McGhee is a much loved former player.  I think its more the case that we should wonder if this would have happened had we be doing better on the pitch.

I don't think that's the case, McGhee is a much loved former player.  I think its more the case that we should wonder if this would have happened had we be doing better on the pitch.

Well let's face it, as FJ has already alluded to, some are willing to point out his shortcomings to wind up certain others, whether that's what they really think or not. So that would suggest that it would have happened had we been better on the pitch, to some extent at least.

Hate to go over old ground but I don't think it's who has the reigns that is making people quick to judge, it's whether Mcghee would be getting arguably harshly judged so quickly if he'd been appointed at a less financially ridiculous time, while we are all depressingly used to the lack of investment in playing staff.

Until it is evident that we have progressed at all, let alone in a way that Calderwood couldn't have if he'd been supported, this will probably continue.

Davie Provan having a go at us again in the NOTW.  Said Hegarty and Narey were nice guys, especially in comparison to the likes of Rougvie and Cooper who would have stood on your fingers when you were on the deck.

well guess what Davie... nice guys don't win much.

I bet that had Cooper and Rougvie crying over their medals.

:thumbsup:

Davie Provan having a go at us again in the NOTW.  Said Hegarty and Narey were nice guys, especially in comparison to the likes of Rougvie and Cooper who would have stood on your fingers when you were on the deck.

That chip on his shooder gets bigger and bigger doesn't it.

Anyway, Provan is a particularly odious shock journo wannabee. Couldn't care less what he says about fucking anything.

I think everybody understands where MM was coming from and he's explained it.....what about boys like Bowman were they nice guys?