Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Curse of the Noughties

You have slightly misunderstood me, I think, by cherry picked youth talent from the cream of Europe what I meant was all the youth of the like of Man U, Arsenal, etc. As I understand it that it is the Belgians relaxed Work permit policy that allows them to bring the players from Africa and South America and get them playing in the EU along with many of their own EU players being sent there on loan.

Wasn't aware that the immigration law wasn't devolved but why are we, in the SPL, subject to the strictest rules (like the EPL) but lower leagues in England and Scotland are not?

What made you think it's devolved?!

I'm pretty sure all leagues have the same rules, but with players like Jason Scotland, they judged he was more likely to get a game in the the First Division than in the SPL, so he was allowed to go there rather than that in the SPL and not play. How wrong could they have been?

I think the rules are the same on work permits in lower league but could be wrong.

Didn't know that about J Scotland! hard to believe politicians have any say in judging ability at anything...let alone sport.

I wouldn't mind seeing us getting players regularly loaned out from Man U etc instead of ppl going to english lower leagues. Would make sense for all involved considering they could get their youngsters some european footie experience...like josh walker.

Never really put any thought into it Dave, devolved immigration laws isn't something that comes up in everyday life, for me anyway. It was a mythical review in Scottish football anyway.

Pretty sure lower leagues in England there is not "the played in whatever percentage of internationals rule". There always seems to be a couple floating about who've never played for their country in League 1, 2 and the connie.