Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Seige Mentality

Surely I can't be the only one noticing an amazing effort by MM to create a seige mentality at Pittodrie. I read an article where he was praising fergie and the 'west coast bias' propoganda he used with his team.( possibly in the ranger today/yesterday )

Hats off to the boy he's doing well at ensuring everyone hates us, upsetting both sets of unwashed dundonians, harrassing the well and demanding not just a win but to win by a few goals against rangers,and if this wasn't enough suggesting a restructure to ensure the League big wigs are pissed too. Meanwhile Willie's spouting nonsense everywhere they'll listen to him about whatever has upset him this week. . I'm thoroughly enjoying their winding up of the whole league and I really hope that their efforts have the desired effect on our, not too bothered squad.

Surely it's not just all coincidental that WM's found a voice since MM has arrived!

Aye, it's magic, once again McGhee does the oppositions team talk for them. Personally i'd rather he did his talking on the pitch rather than in the papers.

I'm all for having a seige mentality within the squad but some of the things McGhee has came out with in the press have been cringe worthy! Makes the club and himself look a bit foolish to be honest!

Aye, it's magic, once again McGhee does the oppositions team talk for them. Personally i'd rather he did his talking on the pitch rather than in the papers.

Well, he can keep doing it if today is the result.  And if the huns were so fired up by his comments and that was the performance of a riled champions side, then I'll sleep easy I reckon...

SkySports were a joke. The half-time punditry treated the scoreline from the perspective that Rangers were losing 1-0, and were hard-done by with the non-penalty decision. Not a mention of the fact that Aberdeen were WINNING 1-0.

The only saving grace for SkySports was the fact that Scotty Booth did his best to redress the balance by talking Aberdeen up at every given opportunity. Good on ye, Boothy!

200px-

Shite movie, but that's how you spell it.  ;)

I think we're showing great togetherness at the moment, it was good to see MM pointing out a few home truths to the 4th official and the ref yesterday. Weir, Papac and Fleck all commited worse fouls than Mark Kerr, Fleck had two bad ones on Pawlett. Weir must have fouled Miller ten times without getting booked.

We don't need to pretend there's a bias towards the Old Firm, it's there for everyone to see. But if it gets the players as fired up as they were yesterday then I'm all for using this tactic.

200px-

Shite movie, but that's how you spell it.  ;)

I think we're showing great togetherness at the moment, it was good to see MM pointing out a few home truths to the 4th official and the ref yesterday. Weir, Papac and Fleck all commited worse fouls than Mark Kerr, Fleck had two bad ones on Pawlett. Weir must have fouled Miller ten times without getting booked.

We don't need to pretend there's a bias towards the Old Firm, it's there for everyone to see. But if it gets the players as fired up as they were yesterday then I'm all for using this tactic.

Think you are right, its togetherness rather than the siege mentality that impresses me. I think the Hibs game was a turning point, the sense of injustice has really galvanised our team and they have kicked on from that defeat. Even against Motherwell we looked comfortable with ten men against a side playing with confidence.

Hopefully the Celtic game won't knock our confidence as it probably still a little fragile

Think you are right, its togetherness rather than the siege mentality that impresses me. I think the Hibs game was a turning point, the sense of injustice has really galvanised our team and they have kicked on from that defeat. Even against Motherwell we looked comfortable with ten men against a side playing with confidence.

Hopefully the Celtic game won't knock our confidence as it probably still a little fragile

True Ajja, but on the other hand, where else in the SPL is there to take advantage of the feeling of injustice other that one of the ugly sisters in thier own back yard?  Where all sorts tends to go against us, if we use this mind set that we have at celtic park, then i think we are going to fly from kick off. The old firm are used to decisions and games going against thier opposition, so when the heads go down, the old firm take advantage and grind the other team down.  What they are NOT used to however, is a team pulling together and getting a LIFT from this, like what seems to be happening to us just now. 

It's so refreshing to see youngsters like Pawlett and Paton running at defenders, refs have no choice but to give us free kicks when these kids are hacked down by some of the shite defenders in the spl. I expect them to cause celtic similar problems next week.

Is it bad that I am buzzing about next weekend already ?

Im heading down in confidence and have been for the past couple of weeks. Theyve only won 3 out of 11, or something like that so what cant we go down there, ruffle their feathers and come away with a point or 3

:ultras: :ultras: :ultras:

It's amazing what a win over Rangers does!

:thumbsup:

While that is very true, I'm actually more excited with the fresh young blood, the attempts at playing expansive attacking football and the fact that we are looking at signing these guys up on long deals to maximise their potential and value.