šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

Falkirk vs Aberdeen (14/09/09)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defence first for Dons

Ā 

ABERDEEN manager Mark McGhee admits he has had to sacrifice some of his team's attacking energy to plug their leaky defence.

Ā 

Aberdeen lost 11 goals in McGhee's first two-and-a-half matches in charge as they crashed out of the Europa League to Czech side Sigma Olomouc and endured a shocking start to their Clydesdale Bank Premier League campaign against Celtic.

Ā 

However, McGhee's half-time anger against Celtic resulted in an improvement in workrate that has lasted ever since they steadied the ship in that 3-1 defeat. The Dons won 3-0 at Hamilton before playing out a goalless draw with Motherwell.

Ā 

McGhee is now looking for his team to find a balance in their efforts at both ends of the park as Aberdeen prepare for tomorrow night's SPL clash at Falkirk. "Certainly there is one team here with ambitions to play good attacking football, I don't know if we have done that yet," McGhee said. "But certainly that is our long-term ambition. We will continue to try and achieve that, including at Falkirk on Monday night. Whether we do or not is still to be seen."

Ā 

Aberdeen will once again be without defender Zander Diamond, whose foot injury is taking longer than expected to heal.

If there are not any links floating about for watching tonight's game then I'd appreciate it if they weren't sent to me by PM.Ā  Cheers.Ā  :thumbsup:

Ā 

ESPN isn't that expensive mate :)

Ā 

Aluko on the bench tonight. Front three of Miller, Mackie and Paton. McDonald,l Fyvie and Kerr in the middle.