Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

McGhee vs the Motherwell fans

I think he was being a bit over-sensitive and to be honest shouldn't have discussed it on the radio as all he has done is let them know that they got to him. Some of the stuff they were singing at him was bit OTT but for fox's glaciers mints, it's football, you don't expect to live in a world where everything is candy coated and people love you everywhere you go.

Get over it Mark.  :wave:

They were calling him a paedophile. Mcghee said on the radio he was very upset and disgusted by it.

Suck it up Mark, you're a big boy.

That's not exactly how it was. He was asked a specific question about it and said he was disappointed by the nature of it. A calm and reasonable response to the question I thought.

That's not exactly how it was. He was asked a specific question about it and said he was disappointed by the nature of it. A calm and reasonable response to the question I thought.

He said he was disgusted in more than one interview slim. He shouldn't even have discussed it. He needs to engage the brain before using the mouth.

He said he was disgusted in more than one interview slim. He shouldn't even have discussed it. He needs to engage the brain before using the mouth.

Why?  he was asked about it, atleast he has the balls to speak about it, most managers would sidestep it and brush it under the carpet.

What'd he say.

Some of the stuff getting sung was pretty harsh I thought.

Also, those damn Motherwell fans all had a go at me as I went to try get my pie :(

They were in fine voice throughout the game, out support was pish.

The haggis pie was amazing though.

Guest fatshaft

By giving it airtime he's letting the Motherwell fans know they got to him, its got fuck all to do with having balls.

What a load of shite. He was asked about it and gave a straight answer.

What a load of shite. He was asked about it and gave a straight answer.

Just because he was asked about it doesn't mean he was obliged to dignify what happened with an answer. I've never in my life heard a manager comment on abuse from fans, yet it happens to every single one of them.

Well face rap over chants to Aberdeen FC’s McGhee

SPL to investigate sickening abuse

By Ross McTavish

Published: 31/08/2009

MOTHERWELL could be hit by SPL sanctions following sickening chants from a section of their fans directed at Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee.

The abuse came in the goal-less draw at Aberdeen FC’s ground.

It is understood that match delegate George Douglas will include the incidents in his report to the SPL.

The matter will then be referred to the SPL board, which has the power to deal with unacceptable conduct through punishments including reprimands, fines and even points deductions.

For more on this story and bumper coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express.

Well face rap over chants to Aberdeen FC’s McGhee

SPL to investigate sickening abuse

By Ross McTavish

Published: 31/08/2009

MOTHERWELL could be hit by SPL sanctions following sickening chants from a section of their fans directed at Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee.

The abuse came in the goal-less draw at Aberdeen FC’s ground.

It is understood that match delegate George Douglas will include the incidents in his report to the SPL.

The matter will then be referred to the SPL board, which has the power to deal with unacceptable conduct through punishments including reprimands, fines and even points deductions.

For more on this story and bumper coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express.

Seriously? Imagine any other SPL teams singing anything so vile and provocative, just as well such consistant and immediate punishment is handed out accross the board.

What were the SPL expecting? The Motherwell fans to politely applaud the man who walked out of his contract early at their club and chant about how they wish him good luck in the rest of his career? It's football for fucks sake, and while the songs were in bad taste to say the least, its not like we've heard nothing of the sort ever before.

Do the SPL have some sort of line drawn in the sand, something which devides acceptable levels of ridicule and 'banter' with unnacceptable abuse which must be sanctioned? If so I'd love to know where this lies as their system of reprimanding clubs seems far from fair and level.