Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen vs Motherwell (29/08/09)

Could be a difficult one since Motherwell seem to have some goals in them at the moment but if we can contain that then we should be able to take the points as we look like we might have some goals in us ourselves.

It looks like see the same team as last weeks although I suppose it depends on the fitness of Zander and McDonald. I wouldn't mind seeing Paton get a run out this weekend at some point though, especially if Miller has a similar performance to last Saturday.

Mulgrew Ifil Consi Crawford

Aluko Kerr Fyvie Foster

Miller Mackie

As long as we tighten up in the middle of the park, press a bit quicker and keep our passes in the direction of the red shirts we should have no problem.

2-1 Dons. Mackie, Aluko

Come on you reds!

:AFC2:33u4mc9.gif

Guest ally s

Gutted I'm going to miss this one, has the makings of a really good game.

I fancy us to win by the odd goal, I'll go for 3-2.  Motherwell will be out to put one over McGhee and vice versa which adds a bit of spice to the occasion.

Guest ally s

I hadn't suggested that but I suppose playing all of Kerr, MacDonald and Fyvie might unbalance the midfield ?

McDonald's played wide right for us before so there is that option.

Good stuff, thats midfield sorted.

I'd still have a serious look at leaving Miller out and trying Paton up top with Maguire as he will be buzzing after hi sstrike last week. I know McGhee has hinted that Paton needs to work harder in training but he shows a lot of natural ability when played.

Must be a bit of agro on the train back to Glasgow as ive been getting texts from someone saying that anyone singing is getting lifted and that a couple of Aberdeen fans have been lifted by the fuzz.

We seemed to change when Paton cme on. A lot more attack minded. Surely he's in line for a start by now. Fyvie did well again today. Think Considine was my MoM though

Must be a bit of agro on the train back to Glasgow as ive been getting texts from someone saying that anyone singing is getting lifted and that a couple of Aberdeen fans have been lifted by the fuzz.

We seemed to change when Paton cme on. A lot more attack minded. Surely he's in line for a start by now. Fyvie did well again today. Think Considine was my MoM though

Agreed Considine had a fine game, as did Foster.

Abysmal stuff.  Lee Miller should be dropped asap, he doesn't look interested and was utter pish yesterday.

Paton did well when he came on, probably did more in 45 minutes than anyone else over the whole match.

50 goals?  No chance.

I'll be surprised if they manage 15, especially with Miller on the park.