Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The ol' flare debate....

While the behaviour of the vast majority of Dons fans in the Czech Republic this week was, as ever, impeccable, the pair of 'supporters' responsible for igniting flares immediately prior to kick-off, in Olomouc will undoubtedly result in sanctions to be imposed on the Club by UEFA, particularly as this is not the first incident of its type in recent seasons.

AFC can confirm that UEFA will include the flare incidents in their report and sanctions will be deployed against the club.

Consequently, if you can assist with the identification of those pictured below, please contact feedback@afc.co.uk

Any information received will be treated in strict confidence.

Pittodrie Operations manager John Morgan commented "Despite the disappointing outcome of the tie, most of our fans thoroughly enjoyed the trip to Olomouc. However, the setting off of flares is something we have repeatedly warned supporters about as, quite rightly, UEFA will simply not tolerate it.

"Consequently, we are looking for our fans to help us here in identifying those responsible in order that we can take the appropriate action.

"Once again though I would reiterate that our supporters, in the main, were a credit to the club and Scotland and it is only that small element that seems intent on spoiling our good name."

Fuck sake.

Judging on the photos posted on redweb asking for help identifying the culprits the red ultras are going to come in for some amount of stick over the next few days!

While i don't really see the major problem with flares at euro games the club has asked repeatedly for fans to avoid lighting flares at games, its not a difficult request to honour...

One of them was the utter cunt that sits in the front row of the South Stand, the Graham Rix of the Ultras. He has his back to the game the whole time starting bounces with 15 year olds.

Yep, English lad. The club won't have to look far to find him. He should fucking know better but he's too busy trying to be a cool cunt. I assume he'll be at Hull tomorrow.  :wave:

Yep, English lad. The club won't have to look far to find him. He should fucking know better but he's too busy trying to be a cool cunt. I assume he'll be at Hull tomorrow.  :wave:

Nah they said they weren't going (they were on our flights).

P8060263.jpg

P8060264.jpg

P8060265.jpg

P8060266.jpg

Well I love those flares. I think they add an awesomeness to the atmosphere, and would love to see them incorporated more often in matches.

And as for the guy who stands with his back to the game, trying to start bounces with 15 year olds ... at least he's trying to get a song going at the games. Pittodrie is a miserable enough place without people telling song-starters to sit down and shut up.

Well I love those flares. I think they add an awesomeness to the atmosphere, and would love to see them incorporated more often in matches.

And as for the guy who stands with his back to the game, trying to start bounces with 15 year olds ... at least he's trying to get a song going at the games. Pittodrie is a miserable enough place without people telling song-starters to sit down and shut up.

Reekie, sit down and shut up.

;)

Starters is one thing RR, this is quite another. I do my fair share of song starting and joining in, but this character is a completely mesmeric sight.

Proper throbbing tool.

Awesomeness? Maybe a visit to the dictionary to revisit awesome. It's a glorified banger and with the likely tatties that will be weilding them, I'd rather they were not a regular fixture of a game I was at.

reekie, it's illegal, he knows it is, he knows the club will get fucked, and he still does it. Whether flares look great has nowt to do with it unfortunately.

Waving flags, hooters, banging a tambourine, throwing toilet roll, out of time/tune singing....all tolerable offences that the RU have been guilty off through the years in the name of 'improving the atmosphere' at Pittodrie. But this latest act is utterly indefensible. Particularly in the wake of the grief from UEFA we received following the Dnipro match.

Although it wasn't the RU on that occasion, surely they should have learned from it?

You are costing our club money we can't afford, and its our hard earned cash that will go towards paying off the fine to the detriment of our club. Fuck off you utter cunts.

Why? Cause if everybody did it they couldn't punish everybody  ;)

I thought the club got off with the Dnipro een  ???

Must've missed the follow up news stories.

Well seeing as they were using red flares, which is illegal in general and not just in a football ground the twats could have been lifted on the spot.