Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

P&J: Best may have to go – McGhee

call me a cynic, but we're not exactly swimming in offers for any of our " big names ". Miller and Zander aside, I couldn't give a flying toss who left if we got cash to help the squad. No one else on decent money has been a stand out for us. If they were they'd have gone already or at least have generated interest in themselves. We've been mediocre with these guys Hart. Anderson, clark and all the nostalgic pish included, so if the gaffer wants to punt some and change our style what's the worst that can happen? more disappointment like the last 20 years or so.

As I've stated before I was for Newell not McGhee but I think there is a clear need for a shake up at pittodrie and he can do whatever the hell he wants to if it helps break our mediocrity in the mid to long term. He knows he'll never win anything with the core of our team as it is so lets give the fella a bit of time.

I think you'd have to include Langfield alongside Zander and Miller.

Rumours gathering pace that Zander will sign for Tims for 800k and Darren O'dea is coming here on a season long loan deal.

Thinking it's unlikely, but if true could be a good short-term fix for our cash flow?

I would welcome O'Dea here. Metaphorically of course, i'm not going to Pittodrie to actually meet him on his arrival.

Rumours gathering pace that Zander will sign for Tims for 800k and Darren O'dea is coming here on a season long loan deal.

Thinking it's unlikely, but if true could be a good short-term fix for our cash flow?

Only just seen this, but thats the same story I was told last night

Getting rid of Zander would be a terrible move in my opinion - especially to one of our main rivals for the league title.

Why does what should have been a positive start to the season with European fitba and a new boss suddenly feel even more depressing than usual.

I've just been called to go offshore so will likely miss the first game - maybe just as well cause I think we'll get pumped  :-[

Agreed. If we only kept one player in our whole squad it should be Zander. And if he does go, his first game will be against us, here! And i'd imagine O'Dea wouldn't get to play in it.

But I also miss the season opener, for the first time since c.1998 but oh well :-/