Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New Keeper: DONE

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1734471,00.html

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/98/de/0,,10284~6807192,00.jpg[/img]

Aberdeen Football Club have today completed the signing of goalkeeper Stuart Nelson on a one year deal.

The 6 foot 1 inch stopper left Norwich City this summer after spending a year at Carrow Road. The 27 year old has previously played for Leyton Orient, Brentford and Doncaster Rovers.

He spoke exclusively to RedWeb after signing and said: "I am delighted to have signed for a club of the size and stature of Aberdeen.

"My agent received a call from Mark McGhee at the end of last week and it's great to have sorted out a contract so quickly.

"I'm already looking forward to meeting my new teammates and can't wait to see the club in European action this week."

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1734471,00.html

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/98/de/0,,10284~6807192,00.jpg[/img]

Aberdeen Football Club have today completed the signing of goalkeeper Stuart Nelson on a one year deal.

The 6 foot 1 inch stopper left Norwich City this summer after spending a year at Carrow Road. The 27 year old has previously played for Leyton Orient, Brentford and Doncaster Rovers.

He spoke exclusively to RedWeb after signing and said: "I am delighted to have signed for a club of the size and stature of Aberdeen.

"My agent received a call from Mark McGhee at the end of last week and it's great to have sorted out a contract so quickly.

"I'm already looking forward to meeting my new teammates and can't wait to see the club in European action this week."

RIP The Broom Cupboard  :(

Would have been signed by Martin Allen for Brentford And Martin Ling at Orient, and Roeder?? at Norwich so the boy must have something. The Brentford side he played for were a good side I'm guessing he would have been part of the team that got to the FA cup 5th round (or was it the qfinals) beating Sunderland?? on the way.

Can't say I can remember seeing him but he might have been the guy we put 5 past in 2006 unless that was when he got injured.Got to be better than bossu and should provide Competion for Langfield.

Was he too big to fit in the contracts signing cupboard?

I assume Bert is going then.

And Bateman must be shite.

Is Bateman not just considered too young? The fact this lad has only been signed for a year maybe suggests that they just want to give Bateman more time to develop outwith the first team squad.

Would have been signed by Martin Allen for Brentford And Martin Ling at Orient, and Roeder?? at Norwich so the boy must have something. The Brentford side he played for were a good side I'm guessing he would have been part of the team that got to the FA cup 5th round (or was it the qfinals) beating Sunderland?? on the way.

Can't say I can remember seeing him but he might have been the guy we put 5 past in 2006 unless that was when he got injured.Got to be better than bossu and should provide Competion for Langfield.

It was saying on the news that was the reason he was signed, but i'm not so sure about that.

If there was any position on the park we didn't need competition I would have thought it was in goals, however as it's only a 1 year deal I predict him as a replacement for Bossu and he was essentially lied to to get him to sign for us.

Welcome on board to the good ship AFC though  :thumbsup:

It was saying on the news that was the reason he was signed, but i'm not so sure about that.

If there was any position on the park we didn't need competition I would have thought it was in goals, however as it's only a 1 year deal I predict him as a replacement for Bossu and he was essentially lied to to get him to sign for us.

Welcome on board to the good ship AFC though  :thumbsup:

Is the correct answer.

I dunno said it before there are a lot of good keepers in the lower reaches of English football. And as I said earlier given the managers that have signed him he must have something about him. As for competition for the No 1 spot, that can only be a good thing, surely? Perhaps with a second choice keeper that knows what he's doing it will give Leighton more time to work with Bateman and Langfield. Presumably he won't have to worry too much about showing Bertie what a fitba looks like, how to catch it, where to stand, what a goal posts looks like etc. anymore.