Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

So what do we need???

Surprised no thread has been started yet - I say we need a right back, central defender, midfielder, and a winger/forward, assuming McGhee will go with a 4-3-3

Langfield

Right Back - Zander - Central Defender - Mulgrew

McDonald - Kerr - Midfielder

Right winger/forward - Miller - Aluko

The rest of the boys are decent squad players and if we could get 4 players in I think we'd have decent depth and I'd be pretty excited about the upcoming season. Any suggestions? Would Stephen Hughes be the missing midfielder?? I'd like to think that the wages freed up by Smith and Seve could get a couple of decent replacements. I still think we haven't fixed the centre of defence since Anderson left so it would be nice to find a decent centre half too.

If we're going 4-3-3 there is surely enough strength in depth up front with Paton, Pawlett, Maguire, Aluko, Mackie, Miller and Tommy No Guns.

Definitely need at least one CB and one CM. It will be interesting to see what a difference a new manager will make to Considine's confidence, what McGhee thinks of Ricky Foster and where he should play, and if any of the other youngsters are good enough to make the step up this season. What was the Irish lads name, that we brought in last summer?

Comments about players with only one season left on their contracts are interesting, could it be that they may be given deadlines to sign extensions or be put up for transfer to generate funds for replacements now? Surely be more beneficial to McGhee if he knows he hasn't got to replace the players he would want to keep as well as the players he doesn't want to keep next season (or in other words, everyone).

Based on Mark McGhee's favoured 4-3-3 system

Langfield

RIGHT BACK

Diamond

CENTRE HALF

Mulgrew

McDonald

Kerr

CENTRE MIDFIELDER

Maguire

Miller

Aluko

Chris Maguire fits into the first eleven based on his form toward the end of last season although I do believe Mark McGhee will try and sign another forward/winger.  Mark McGhee may find the players are better suited to a 4-4-2 formation.

If we are to play 433 then think we will need to strengthen the midfield as our current players are not good enough to play one short in the middle of the park and that our full backs are not good enough defensively not to have a midfielder in front of them to help when under pressure so will also need to be replaced. Also think that Miller does not get enough goals to play as the main striker and that he has looked at his best at Aberdeen when played as part of a front two so if we are to play with three then I would suspect that Miller would need to be moved on and a replacement found.

Chris Maguire fits into the first eleven based on his form toward the end of last season although I do believe Mark McGhee will try and sign another forward/winger.  Mark McGhee may find the players are better suited to a 4-4-2 formation.

Don't think we should be looking for a new forward/winger. Paton & Powlett should be taking up that role, maybe a target man to aim everything at if anything.

Should be looking at a new Centre half and right back. Maybe a new midfielder too

Don't think we should be looking for a new forward/winger. Paton & Powlett should be taking up that role, maybe a target man to aim everything at if anything.

Should be looking at a new Centre half and right back. Maybe a new midfielder too

Our forward players do not score enough goals and it's a problem that needs addressed.