Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

It’s a pretty sad state of affairs. I’ve no doubt he’s got a point about Milne, but the reason for his falling out of love with the club is largely self inflicted. Fantastic footballer and absolute legend for us on the park, but he’s nothing short of a petulant clown these days.

The majority of what he says is nonsense. The fans did care who he was and what he had achieved but it sounds like what he wanted was a free pass because he won the CWC in '83.

Sorry Mark. It doesn't work like that. It doesn't matter who you are; if you're employed to do a job and can't do it you'll be out on your arse. Not familiar with modern football management? You're a small man in many ways and you deserved your embarrassing humbling at Pittodrie for the 7-2. No one owes you anything. Shut the fuck up.

Biggest imposter of a manager we have ever had surely ?  well at least a tossup between him & Paterson. We would surely have been relegated if we had held on to him much longer  :confused:

I actually hate this guy now, considering as a player we loved him.  I was in Section B of the Main Stand, the night he claimed he was spat on, jeez there was hardly anyone left still in the ground to spit on him, i actually waited to see his reaction after the defeat, i can assure you it never happened. :mad:

Also under his tenure, i witnessed 2 of our worst, gutless, pathetic performance witnessed in my 50 years of going.

Throw in his reluctance to take the job, until another one had gone to someone else, fair to say, he never endeared himself to some of our support from day 1.

Much as McGhee was a disaster as AFC manager, for all his many personality flaws there were three things he said that should be of major concern;

Firstly the role of our chairman. Secondly the acknowledgement of "wee cliques". Thirdly, this quote: -

“You get people who enthuse a room. You know them and catch their enthusiasm. Coisty [Ally McCoist] is one. Then you get other people who suck the life out of a room. Aberdeen is full of people who are drainers. Until it’s cleared out and there’s a freshness about it, it’s not going to get any better. And no-one, not even Craig Brown, who's a good manager can do anything until they change that".

McGhee was right about this.

All these aspects are interdependent and they talk of the pre-existing culture within the club. As the principal is still there, albeit with a change of manager since, there is no doubt that the major obstacle to progress remains.

Even a shite can be a fertiliser.