Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

McGhee's pedigree makes him right man for Aberdeen job, says Irvine

I dont believe he should be judged on his playing career if considered for this position.  John hughes wasnt ever used in the same sentence as "slick passing movement " during his playing career but as a coach his teams do.  Same can be said for tony mowbary.  Dobbin's coaching cv is pretty good and he gives a shit about AFC.  More than that i dont imagine him taking any shit on the coaching pitches nice guy or not. 

Average player who was capped nine times for scotland.......during a period wen scotland qualified for 2 out of 3 tournaments..90 world cup, 92 euros....

cant have been that average!!....

Scotland caps are the mark for fuck all. John McMaster, Frank McDougall and Brian Grant got zero caps between them, was Irvine better than any of them? Dave Bowman, Gary MacKay, Mike Galloway and Tosh McKinlay all won caps, everyone of them would have been delighted to be deemed average.

He was probably waiting for a response from the big fella whether or not he should have continued.

Irvine: "God, when will I be allowed back at Aberdeen?"

Willie: "aye, piss aff tae America and do some more cub badges, Brian"

... oh the life of Brian.

After reading the responses after my post, I think I'm kinda in agreement that he's probably too nice to help actively coach the first team. Perhaps he could work with Simmie with scouting and developing the youth! He'd be a brilliant mentor for young aspiring kids.

Irvine: "God, when will I be allowed back at Aberdeen?"

Willie: "aye, piss aff tae America and do some more cub badges, Brian"

... oh the life of Brian.

After reading the responses after my post, I think I'm kinda in agreement that he's probably too nice to help actively coach the first team. Perhaps he could work with Simmie with scouting and developing the youth! He'd be a brilliant mentor for young aspiring kids.

How do you know what sort of character he would bring to the training ground? Are you making the assumption that 'he's probably too nice', due to his religious connections?

How do you know what sort of character he would bring to the training ground? Are you making the assumption that 'he's probably too nice', due to his religious connections?

I don't think anybody would know unless they've trained with him. However, having met him, he's the kinda guy you just hate for being far too nice for their own good.

Religious connections?

1banned-gal-life-of-brian.jpg

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.