Darren Mackie Armistice.

Love him or hate him, Darren Mackie has now outlived upteen Dons managers during his 10 year stint at the club along with a multitude of players.

If the new man comes in and decides that Dazza is an asset to the club then I suggest we bury any hatchets we have with him and at the very least, sit on our hands and bite our tongues if supporting a player who plays for your team is too much for you to manage.

What say you?

Love him or hate him, Darren Mackie has now outlived upteen Dons managers during his 10 year stint at the club along with a multitude of players.

If the new man comes in and decides that Dazza is an asset to the club then I suggest we bury any hatchets we have with him and at the very least, sit on our hands and bite our tongues if supporting a player who plays for your team is too much for you to manage.

What say you?

Three would be more accurate.

If the new man comes in and decides that Dazza is an asset to the club then I suggest we bury any hatchets we have with him and at the very least, sit on our hands and bite our tongues if supporting a player who plays for your team is too much for you to manage.What say you?

I don't really see what difference a new manager makes to this. He's an Aberdeen player so he gets my support and I wouldn't boo him etc regardless of who the manager is. If he continues to be picked for us,as much as I wish it not to be the case, it is now more than likely given the stage of his career that he will also continue to be a largely poor player with the odd gem of a goal or performance.  These things have punctuated his career and I see no reason why that would change.

When it comes to forming opinions about players, people will use what they see in front of them and not what the manager of a club tells the press about that player.  If a new manager decides to use him, I would fully hope that people don't get on his back, but I'd also hope that people didn't take it as a sign that Mackie is something that he's not.

I'm surprised at the gist of the original post. I assumed it would be something like...

Hand over your Darren Mackie at your local Highland league club before July 30th and face no charges for crimes against football.

Agree though it will be interesting to find out what the new manager will make of him. Imagine if it was McGhee and he played him week-in, week-out.

I'm just sick of supporting the team with the most negative fans in the world.  I'm willing to stick my neck out and say that the next man will come in and rate Mackie.  That'll make it umpteen four Premier League managers who wanted him at the club, another who wanted to loan him and another who wanted to buy him.

Yet we'll still get fucking muppets booing him and giving him a hard time.

My personal feelings are very much along these lines:

I don't really see what difference a new manager makes to this. He's an Aberdeen player so he gets my support and I wouldn't boo him etc regardless of who the manager is. If he continues to be picked for us,as much as I wish it not to be the case, it is now more than likely given the stage of his career that he will also continue to be a largely poor player with the odd gem of a goal or performance.  These things have punctuated his career and I see no reason why that would change.

When it comes to forming opinions about players, people will use what they see in front of them and not what the manager of a club tells the press about that player.  If a new manager decides to use him, I would fully hope that people don't get on his back.

And I'm certainly not saying:

(I) hope that people take didn't it as a sign that Mackie is something that he's not.

But for the love of fuck, can we just give the lad a break if he's earned his way into the side having been picked for our team under so many managers?

I'm just sick of supporting the team with the most negative fans in the world.  I'm willing to stick my neck out and say that the next man will come in and rate Mackie.  That'll make it umpteen four Premier League managers who wanted him at the club, another who wanted to loan him and another who wanted to buy him.

Yet we'll still get fucking muppets booing him and giving him a hard time.

My personal feelings are very much along these lines:

And I'm certainly not saying:

But for the love of fuck, can we just give the lad a break if he's earned his way into the side having been picked for our team under so many managers?

that bit in bold (I'm not disagreeing with giving him a break) goes against

When it comes to forming opinions about players, people will use what they see in front of them and not what the manager of a club tells the press about that player

Darren Mackie is, by and large, a poor player.  While not advocating in any way giving the guy stick, you still have to appreciate why people are frustrated with him being picked, whether a fourth manager gives him a game or not (and in that you're being a touch selective with the facts, Paterson tried hard to get rid of him and Skovdahl never really had him as a regular starter for his full tenure going on memory) it doesn't mean people's opinions will necessarily change, especially as there are many variables that could see him get a game regularly.

Paterson and Skovdahl (who I'm pretty sure made the Michael Owen comment) took plenty other strikers to the club and they've all pretty much ended up laying carpets or saving cats that are stuck up trees.  Again, I'm not saying Mackie shouldn't have been doing the same line of work by now but there has to be something there that managers like about him that we just don't see.

All I'm asking for is that the boo boys get off his back as he's obviously proving himself to the people who know a bit more about the game than the 90 minutes of drunken haze we endure once a week.

That prick Paterson wanting rid being used as any form of evidence of his ability isn't that relevant is it? Our best manager in over a decade thought he was a player. I reckon he's an important if limited player.

It was more down to his assistant wanting rid than anything, and I'm sure you'd agree he'd know a bit about how to play as a centre forward.  Our best manager in over a decade also believes Derek Young is a player. Horses for courses, and all that...

do you think that if we were to put mackie up for sale anyone would buy him. i could see him staying with the dons for his whole career, who knows he'll maybe manage us one day  ;)

Technically, he is always 'up for sale' and no, no-one has 'bought' him thus far.

Dundee United tried to sign him and offered him more money.

Wow a debate about the wether Darren Mackie is any good or not, what a novel idea....

Wrong.

Or at least that wasn't the point of the thread.  I was merely trying to drum up a bit of support for our longest serving player who has proved quite valuable at times.

Crazy notion, I know.  ::)

My point (again) is:

Love him or hate him, if the new man comes in and sees something in him, can we please, for the love of fuck, respect that opinion and respect the guy enough not to hurl abuse at him week in, week out?

If they put half their effort into berating the opposition into making mistakes, other teams would fucking hate playing at Pittodrie.

But no, let's save that for our own lads.

I don't think many would disagree with you about how awful it is that our own fans boo our own players. However, I do hope you're not suggesting that the guy is above criticism outwith the games (on here for example) because we should respect the decision of the new manager?

I don't think many would disagree with you about how awful it is that our own fans boo our own players. However, I do hope you're not suggesting that the guy is above criticism outwith the games (on here for example) because we should respect the decision of the new manager?

Dunno about ST but that is definitely not what I'm saying. It is a similar argument with those cunts that attempted to polarise opinion in the JMG/JIG bollocks.

It really is possible to appreciate what the guy can do for the club whilst also knowing the guy is a pretty limited fitba player.

Dunno about ST but that is definitely not what I'm saying. It is a similar argument with those cunts that attempted to polarise opinion in the JMG/JIG bollocks.

It really is possible to appreciate what the guy can do for the club whilst also knowing the guy is a pretty limited fitba player.

I know you weren't saying that, it just appeared that ST was getting a bit "happy-Clappy"  ;) about old Barren.

I know that too, he is just unbelievably frustrating to watch.