So long and thanks for all the memories......

No bitching about the whys and where fors.

No gloating/fury at the decision to let JC go.

What in 5years time will you remember about JC's tenure, and how will you come to view it?

For me he gave me some of the best moments of my Dons supporting career (circa 1990-present).

The European Run in particular will live long in the memory and probably won't be bettered for several years.

The cup win over Celtic at Parkhead.

The hammerings of der huns at Pittodrie

And many thrilling, pressurised games at Tyncastle.

On the other hand I'll remember the unrelenting frustration with his management style.

And two of the worst moments I've ever witnessed as a Dons fan, and probably two of the worst moments in our history: Queen's Park and Queen of the South.

Thanks for the memories JC.

Such high highs and such low lows.

But some how never quite enough

• Beating Rangers 3-2 at Pittodrie for the first time since the season we went to the cup final in 2000.
  • Match against Dnipro. The best away game I've ever been to.
  • Thrashing Copenhagen 4-0 to get to the group stages of the UEFA Cup. The best atmosphere I've ever experienced at Pittodrie.
  • The match against Bayern Munich at Pittodrie. We were amazing, and deserved to win it.
  • Beating the Huns at the end of last season to deny them the title.
  • Just getting into Europe by the seat of our pants. Frustrating, yet thrilling entertainment on the last days of the season.

The rest will be forgotten.

No bitching about the whys and where fors.

No gloating/fury at the decision to let JC go.

What in 5years time will you remember about JC's tenure, and how will you come to view it?

For me he gave me some of the best moments of my Dons supporting career (circa 1990-present).

The European Run in particular will live long in the memory and probably won't be bettered for several years.

The cup win over Celtic at Parkhead.

The hammerings of der huns at Pittodrie

And many thrilling, pressurised games at Tyncastle.

On the other hand I'll remember the unrelenting frustration with his management style.

And two of the worst moments I've ever witnessed as a Dons fan, and probably two of the worst moments in our history: Queen's Park and Queen of the South.

Thanks for the memories JC.

Such high highs and such low lows.

But some how never quite enough

As much as i've disagreed with a lot of your anti JC comments over the past year I think this is a great post GS.

I will remember JC as being the only time when I wasn't embarrassed to be an Aberdeen fan. After growing up with Skovdahl and Patterson as managers.

Oh come on now Andrew. You weren't embarrassed by the QOTS or Queens Park game?

You should have been. I know I was.

Oh come on now Andrew. You weren't embarrassed by the QOTS or Queens Park game?

You should have been. I know I was.

Not saying I wasn't. But under JC it was better than being bottom of the league and just escaping because of a technicality, having a drunk as a manager, signing shit division one players etc.

Just checked the first time I starting going to games regularly was the season we were bottom of the league. This is the sort of shit I have grown up with. 

Not saying I wasn't. But under JC it was better than being bottom of the league and just escaping because of a technicality, having a drunk as a manager, signing shit division one players etc.

Just checked the first time I starting going to games regularly was the season we were bottom of the league. This is the sort of shit I have grown up with.   

You did. Here:

I will remember JC as being the only time when I wasn't embarrassed to be an Aberdeen fan. After growing up with Skovdahl and Patterson as managers

You did. Here:

I meant as a whole. Clearly they were shit results but it feels like for the last five years we have been a fairly hard team to beat and that we have restored some pride. Clearly they were shit embarrassing results but under JC it felt like we were a hard team to beat and not the laughing stock of the league. I don't want Aberdeen to return to finishing in the bottom six and worrying about relegation.

The 3-2 cup win at Tannadice when we were 2-0 down at HT

The 3-2 win at Pittodrie vs Them

Barry Nic's equaliser vs Hertz, which in my opinion was the moment we qualifed for Europe that season

The 4-2 win over Celtic this season

Always finishing above Utd

The 2-0 win over Them to cost them the league 07-08

Going a season unbeaten against them

Dnipro

Copenhagen

Munich at Pittodrie

Thank You Jimmy

I'm quite dissapointed he's gone

Mini-skirts.

Total SPL points over last 5 seasons.

Celtic 438

Rangers 410

Hearts 292

Aberdeen 286

Hibernian 265

Motherwell 243

Kilmarnock 243

Inverness CT 228

Dundee Utd 216

Falkirk 170

St Mirren 114

Dunfermline 99

Livingston 53

Hamilton 41

Dundee 33

Gretna 23

Dundee Utd's is terrible!

Mini-skirts.

Hearts 292

Aberdeen 286

Hibernian 265

Dundee Utd 216

Interesting reading that, we're 2 shite results against Hamilton away from Hearts over 5 years... :-\

Mini-skirts.

Celtic 438

Rangers 410

Hearts 292

Aberdeen 286

Hibernian 265

Motherwell 243

Kilmarnock 243

Inverness CT 228

Dundee Utd 216

Falkirk 170

St Mirren 114

Dunfermline 99

Livingston 53

Hamilton 41

Dundee 33

Gretna 23

Should i assume our trophy for this is in the post?  :thumbsup:

For me.......

Rangers 3-2 smith in the last minute

Munich At Pittodrie

Copenhagen at Pittodrie

Celtic x 2 at parkhead

And united away after being 2-0 down

unfortunatly the list of lows far outways the highs :(

COYR

On the plus side - The euro trips especially Dinipro (up there with Scotland beating France in Paris), beating Celtic in the cup at Parkhead and beating the Hun to stop them winning the league.

On the negative side - Losing to Queens Park in the cup, blowing a great chance not just to make the final but win the cup last season by losing to QOS, getting gubbed by Bayern (pathetic performance after high of first game), losing to Caley and Hamilton in the league busting long unbeaten runs and losing to Pars in the cup blowing yet another easy cup draw.

Was never a fan of JCs appointment as did not like the football his Pars side played (a style we also took on) but he did steady the ship and get us moving in the right direction in the first three years. Not so convinced that he has not undone a bit of that good work in the last two.

Mini-skirts.

Celtic 438

Rangers 410

Hearts 292

Aberdeen 286

Hibernian 265

Motherwell 243

Kilmarnock 243

Inverness CT 228

Dundee Utd 216

Falkirk 170

St Mirren 114

Dunfermline 99

Livingston 53

Hamilton 41

Dundee 33

Gretna 23

Can't believe in 5 years Caley have done better than United! If only United had got relegated...

The European run was fantastic. But for me the real two high-points must surely be:

(1) restoring the credibility factor to Aberdeen Football Club, and

(2) Skelping BOTH sides of the Old Firm on a regularity that has not been seen at Pittodrie since Smith/Scott.

The European run

3-2 win at Parkhead with Stewarts 94min winner

last day wins v Rangers to get into Europe, cost them the title

the win in the cup at Parkhead

3-2 at Tannadice in the cup

also like Reekie says restoring the credibility of AFC