Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Man of the match v Rangers

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Based on some very suspect video coverage and listening to the online commentary, it seemed as though Severin was immense for us.

Its evident that we have the nucleus of a decent team, with others on the periphery who can rise to the match on occasion...but its not the matches against Rangers and Celtic where the race for Europe may be lost. Its the games against Hamilton, the dreary draws and countless uninspiring performances that will do it.

Next season we're no doubt going to be losing more players again, and how we replace them will be key to next season. The constant rebuilding, tinkering and changes to try and find our best set up with a paper thin squad earlier and the season has cost us...and I don't see things changing anytime soon.

Today, there were some very encouraging performances by the younger players such as Vidal, Paton, Maguire, Aluko and Pawlett which bodes well. I think Langfield made some vital stops which may have easily seen him MOTM too.

There were several contenders.

Pawlett had some moments of joy, including an instinctive Jess-like strike that almost had the hun keeper beaten.

Paton was very impressive for me. He didn't seem scared of the occasion whatsoever. Took on opposition players like they were training-cones. And he took his goal well.

Vidal had a brilliant game in defence. I lost count of the amount of 50-50 challenges that he went into and came out with the ball.

Langfield made some brilliant saves and was brave to carry on after yet another horrific challenge by a Rangers player on an Aberdeen keeper (mind you, Ally McCoist is their assistant coach, so I suppose they've just learned it from the master).

Seve was back to his best. He made us tick and keep moving.

However, Aluko wins it for me. He was incredible powerful and his vision was amazing. Hoofing balls over to the opposite wing where nobody but him could see one of his own players. His power saw him push off a number of challenges whilst remaining on his feet.

Seve. As much as people want him to go(im not one of them) he will be a great miss. He maybe isnt Captain material but he is still a good player. He made crucial tackles was aware of what was around him - Brillant performance but its maybe because he's trying to impress scouts

I went for Seve. Partly for his incredible tackle when Miller was clean through at the start, he then steadied the ship afterwards. I wish Seve had been trying to seal himself a move away for the last two years!

I was impressed with Aluko, he does a lot more backtracking than he did at the start of the season it's just his final ball that's lacking far too often. Also noticed he's becoming a bitmore tempermental which I hope the management manages to curb.

I think i'm also the only person that thought McDonald played well (bar his miss). Always getting himself into positions and rarely seemed to lose the ball.

I think i'm also the only person that thought McDonald played well (bar his miss). Always getting himself into positions and rarely seemed to lose the ball.

I thought he passed the ball backwards a bit too often when there were options in front of him. Didn't play badly at all, just could have done a bit better. On the whole I was happy with the teams performance.

Nah you're not the only one mate. He had a very good game, as did most players in red shirts, tbh. But his miss was what dropped him off my MOTM mentions.

I find it difficult to give a defender the man of the match award where we lost 2 goals.

Fuck all the defender in question could have done, especially when he made an incredible tackle in the first five minutes which probably would have seen us lose by more than we did had he not made the challenge.

Guest ally s

I find it difficult to give a defender the man of the match award where we lost 2 goals.

Did you watch the game?  Seve wasn't at fault for either of their goals.  He defended superby well, didn't give Boyd or Novo a sniff the whole game.

Did you watch the game?  Seve wasn't at fault for either of their goals.  He defended superby well, didn't give Boyd or Novo a sniff the whole game.

:clap:

Fuck all the defender in question could have done, especially when he made an incredible tackle in the first five minutes which probably would have seen us lose by more than we did had he not made the challenge.

:clap:

ST mate, you're talking out your arse if you don't think Seve is a worthy MOTM. I've not been his fan by any stretch of the meaning for a few seasons, but he gave the performance I used to expect from him. Absolutely awesome.

Personally I don't like awarding people on the losing side with any awards.  Especially if that person is in charge of not just the back four which shipped 2 goals but the whole team that haven't won at Ibrox since he's been captain.

By all accounts he had a good game, still won't be getting a vote from me though.

Awards? It's a vote on an internet forum for who you think the best Aberdeen player was on the day.