Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Considine - not good enough

Felt bad for him. Thought he'd had a solid game up until then. You just knew that that was the turning point in the game though. We're not strong enough mentally to come back from a goal down. It totally took his confidence away, though he had some solid moments in the second half. I thought Seve played pretty poorly again, and certainly should have done better with his first chance.

He had a mare.  I like Considine, I've stuck up for him a lot over the years because I think there is a good centre half in there somewhere but I can't defend him today (he couldn't defend anything today never mind himself).  Appalling decision for the first goal, he was sleeping for the second and was apparently running in treacle for the third. Maybe if he had a sustained run in the side it would help him, but then how could you blame JC for dropping him for the United match?

Of the defence, Consi looked the shakiest. But in saying that, at least he got stuck in a few times. I didn't even remember seeing Severin's face on the tele once during that match. He might as well have not been involved in that match, he was so anonymous.

If we had better cover for defence on the bench, Consi would've been taken off ages ago. Lets face it, Scott MacDonald took advantage of the fact that Consi's leg's simply gave way to fatigue towards the end.

Of the defence, Consi looked the shakiest. But in saying that, at least he got stuck in a few times. I didn't even remember seeing Severin's face on the tele once during that match. He might as well have not been involved in that match, he was so anonymous.

If we had better cover for defence on the bench, Consi would've been taken off ages ago. Lets face it, Scott MacDonald took advantage of the fact that Consi's leg's simply gave way to fatigue towards the end.

Mair was on the bench and he's surely the back up centre half?

Never really been convinced by him to be honest, he seems to get a lot of leeway purely because Anderson wasn't great as a right back when he first came into the team and people seem to think that every single centre half will come good when they're in their late 20's.

I thought Considine handled himself well for most of the first half against a physical Celtic attack, just those laspses at the end which cost us dear. It shows that we clearly miss Diamond in the middle of the defence there and that position is not best suited to Considine on his own.

I like Considine's attitude, work rate and effort but I think there are certain parts of his game to improve which could make him a very good defender in the coming years.

I was disapointed with Considine towards the end today but the real villain was Severin. That's where I think the criticism should be focused.

What a fucking imposter. Please leave now. Cunt.

I agree with bobby that there is a good CB in there somewhere but i've been very wary of considine since the utd game where he gifted them the winner in the last minute at tannadice.  His problem to me seems to be focus.  That said for the first goal i did think he was right to go for it, if he had let it go and it had gone in we would have given him pelters as well.  Obviously his execution was terrible.  After that he was always going to be on a downward spiral and probably should have been subbed at half time.  

He was possibly OK in the first half - I didn't actually see that, only heard it - but he was absolute bollox in the second. Once he had made the misjudgement that led to the equaliser he was all over the shop.

The whole team was pretty ineffective though.

One word sums us up at the moment - pussies.

No heart, no fight, no skill, no belief.

Watching JC's body language was no fun either. He's supposed to be on the side-lines giving the players confidence and driving them on. Instead he seemed to spend the entire second half wheeling around and grimacing like a bairn and huffing and puffing rather than making the changes (tactical since we had no decent personnel on the bench I suppose) that would have got us back into the game.

It ended up a comfortable win for Celtic, who were actually pretty gash themselves. Can't see us catching Utd now, let alone Hearts.

I am in a pretty bad mood - in case you didnae guess! :)

He was possibly OK in the first half - I didn't actually see that, only heard it - but he was absolute bollox in the second. Once he had made the misjudgement that led to the equaliser he was all over the shop.

The whole team was pretty ineffective though.

One word sums us up at the moment - pussies.

No heart, no fight, no skill, no belief.

Watching JC's body language was no fun either. He's supposed to be on the side-lines giving the players confidence and driving them on. Instead he seemed to spend the entire second half wheeling around and grimacing like a bairn and huffing and puffing rather than making the changes (tactical since we had no decent personnel on the bench I suppose) that would have got us back into the game.

It ended up a comfortable win for Celtic, who were actually pretty gash themselves. Can't see us catching Utd now, let alone Hearts.

I am in a pretty bad mood - in case you didnae guess! :)

He often reminds me of a petulant child in a sweet shop who has just been told that he cant have anything cos he's to fat

Cant understand tango playing Consi when Mair was available far better player .What are Calderwoods methods

He had a mare.  I like Considine, I've stuck up for him a lot over the years because I think there is a good centre half in there somewhere but I can't defend him today (he couldn't defend anything today never mind himself).  Appalling decision for the first goal, he was sleeping for the second and was apparently running in treacle for the third. Maybe if he had a sustained run in the side it would help him, but then how could you blame JC for dropping him for the United match?

:clap:

That's exactly what I said to my old man after the game yesterday. Exactly.

The only thing that could be said in Conso's defence is that Calderwood should have given him and Diamond a long run as first-choice centre-half pairing this season. Severin's a midfielder, always has been, so for Considine to see a player play out of position in his place every week is not good for his confidence.

Conso has also had to spend his AFC career moving from CH to LB to left side of a back three, and who knows how much better he'd be if he had been allowed to develop in one single position. But we'll never know, and he's made too many mistakes now to be allowed to continue.

I felt sorry for considine cause i felt he was unlucky for the own goal. The other 2 goals he was at fault for but he wasnt the only poor player.

Having said that, I always feel a bit more nervous when he is at the back. His only decent period was when Anderson held his hand for half a season. Apart from that he has never been consistently good. Maybe some centre halds mature later, pressley and weir being good examples of that, but him progressing more.

When is his contract up? Perhaps we should try and offload him for a few pennies in the summer.

As funster says, we havnt replaced Anderson, and it should be our main priority this summer.

Guest ally s

As woeful as he was on Saturday I still think Considine will come good, he's shown enough quality previously to suggest he has the makings of a very decent centre half.  The most important thing for Considine now is to get that match out his system and prove how good he is by having a cracking match on Thursday.

Also, can't believe the amount of criticism aimed at Seve.  I think he's looked really solid alongside Diamond in defence.

I felt sorry for considine cause i felt he was unlucky for the own goal. The other 2 goals he was at fault for but he wasnt the only poor player.

Agreed, the OG was a bit unlucky, he was simply not strong enough or fast enough for either of the other 2 goals.

However, in his defence, when MacDonald makes his run for the third goal, he's actually being marked by Seve, who just lets him go, and Considine has to try and catch a guy already running full pelt.

I like him and he can put in decent performances, but my thoughts on Satuday were that hes not going to make the final step up. He just seems to lack spatial awareness of where other players are (his own and opponents) which is crucial in being a top player.