Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Guest innesciver

I agrre that it is definately the strongest squad for a while but is it good enough to improve or match last seasons performance?

Definitely need to improve. Although I never saw any of the matches with my own eyes, I did see most of them in video form either on YouTube or other means. And one thing that struck me was that, for once, we really had the rub of the green in a number of last season's matches. There was quite a few matches that we shouldn't have taken anything from ... but as luck would have it, we took all three points! I believe away to Killie, Hibs and Motherwell were examples. Our inconsistencies eventually caught up on us with the two matches against United that we lost convincingly.

We've got a strong squad, yes. But we need to become more consistent. Injuries were our biggest downfall last season. Injuries to the likes of Smith, Touzani and Nicholson at the wrong times were very noticeable! If we can stay relatively injury-free, then I think there's no reason why we shouldn't end up in the top four AT LEAST