Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Worst Of J.C.

28 (I think). Refusing to play certain players despite constantly "bigging" them up in the press and paying decent money to them/for them eg Touzani, JDV

Both were free transfers. As most of his signings have been.

If you look at the cash he's been given and the players sold from beneath him I think his record stands up pretty well.

Getting spanked 4-1 at Easter Rd in a Scottish Cup replay. Rarely have I felt so down after a match, because that Hibs team was fucking gash.  :hammer:

Oh yes the two at the back fiasco, I almost got lifted out side after walking out with a large proportion of the crowd in the 56th min and in anger booted a parking cone which just missed a coppers head by inches  :-\

* I was checking on a match report when the 4th goal went in and loved the quote attributed to Calderwood.

he is not blinkered and was fulsome in his praise of Hibs at the end of the game. He was somewhat less impressed with his own team’s efforts, though, bemoaning their uncharacteristic defensive lapses.

::)

Come on - that's just speculation. There's plenty facts about JC's reign to be pissed off about without resorting to speculation and downright lies.

Langfield was blootered on a stagger and probably did mouth off a load of shite.

At some time or another alot of fans have hated Langfield and Foster for being shite - but then use them as examples for standing up to JC who they hate too... absolutely mintal - when nobody knows what was said and in what manner.

If most folk mouthed off at their boss they'd be in hot water.

And Crawford - holy shite - where is he now? Good riddance to shite. Mind you, his signing is worthy of mention in the "worst of JC" thread.

And Lovell was a lazy socio-path weirdo - should have been binned sooner. Has found his level at Falkirk.

I stated "My slant on this..." at the  start of my post as I consider the "speculation", as you refer to it, as the tip of the iceberg to the actual truth.

You comment on "downright lies"... what are you referring to?  :-\

Most of us mouthing off at our boss would not have the event/discussion/outcome discussed online, and some would be in hot water. As far as I'm aware my discussions with mine are not ol?!

I never claimed Crawford was, for AFC, anything more than a squad player/journeyman... recall him being booed on the pitch 31st Dec few years ago which I thought was totally out of order.

I have previously referred to Lovell as appearing lazy. I do also clearly recall the goals/cracking pics of him v the huns et al ;D

Q for you Jager... when did you qualify as a Consultant Psychiatrist?!!

48. Missing one of the key principals of management - that you can't be friends with the people you manage, you never have their respect when you need it most.

You could argue the point that he's been pally-pally with players to entice them North.  Something we've struggled to do before.

He's also binned Crawford and pointed towards the door for Langfield and Foster yet was 'mates' enough to forgive and forget.

Of course this is all what I've gathered from paper talk so it could be quite different to what actually happened.

*EDIT - Just saw the other posts relating to this after finishing this one.

You could argue the point that he's been pally-pally with players to entice them North.  Something we've struggled to do before.

He's also binned Crawford and pointed towards the door for Langfield and Foster yet was 'mates' enough to forgive and forget.

Of course this is all what I've gathered from paper talk so it could be quite different to what actually happened.

*EDIT - Just saw the other posts relating to this after finishing this one.

Agreed, thats why I have qualified it with the bit about 'respect when you need it most'. My experience as a manager is that being everyones mate can be very effective and can deliver some very good results in the short term or in particular environments or periods. However, when things go a little tit-shaped or there are individuals who don't accept the 'rules' of this friendly relationship then it is very difficult to suddenly take the firm line. You invariably end up doing one of three things:

You continue with the mate approach and get run over the top of

You cause the employee to be disgruntled as his/her expectations are not being managed consistently You over compensate by wading in too heavily and fall out with them

My observations of JC would suggest that all of these factors are in play with various members of the squad at any given time (eg. accusations of 'favourites' coupled with irrational culling of those who dare to question him etc etc) . I think his man management skills are excellent in certain circumstances (one being the position you highlight) however, they are very one dimensional. This leads to an enormous amount of inconsistency in the reaction of players and therefor an apparent rollercoaster of performance on the pitch. I firmly believe it is the root of the problem with him as a manager and goes a long way to explaining why I personally swing from feeling he is the best we can expect to get and wanting to string him up in the nearest tree.