Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The Real Bottlers (courtesy of Abz-MAD)

::)

What a sad state of affairs.

completely agree, thats pathetic. Great, it spurred you on to draw with a team below us in the league. Great stuff.  :hammer:

You (and a few others) predicted Hibs to win, so it was surely a less pathetic result on Saturday than you were expecting.

Finally read the OP.

Surely Calderwood doesn't going on ski-ing holidays - where did that come from?  ???

Martin Gilbert - sounds like the OP has a chip on his shoulder, as AAM are doing very well these days and are a hugely respected financial group.  Whether Gilbert spends enough time on AFC is a different matter though.

Guest fatshaft

Finally read the OP.

Surely Calderwood doesn't going on ski-ing holidays - where did that come from?  ???

Martin Gilbert - sounds like the OP has a chip on his shoulder, as AAM are doing very well these days and are a hugely respected financial group.  Whether Gilbert spends enough time on AFC is a different matter though.

I think Gilbert is the skier, and as the rebuttal post pointed out, the quoted OP was pretty poor factually.

You (and a few others) predicted Hibs to win, so it was surely a less pathetic result on Saturday than you were expecting.

I know I predicted us to lose, and had we played a better team there is no doubt we would have. It was very much a point gained against hibs, but I was merely pointing out that I think its a sad state of affairs that he said (if he did indeed say it in the manner quoted) that it spurred them on. To what exactly? Great football and a glorious win for the Dons? But as I said, at least we didn't lose.

Why unsettle things now though? By all means give him his jotters at the end of the season, but with 8 or so games left would it be wise to take in someone who probably won't know most of his squad?

New man in the summer and give him the pre season to check out his team.

Way i see it boba is that if we got a new man in now theres a very good chance you would get the classic honeymoon period of 5-6 games where the players are lifted by having a new manager.  Everyone's got a clean sheet and opportunity to impress but also the sudden fear that they could be seen to be surplus to requirements especially when the season is nearly over and a transfer window looms.  rather than a the air of gloom that is hanging over the dressing room there would be a motivated and focused squad.  Furthermore the new man would have till the end of the season to fully assess the squad, and in some very important games.  This would be much more constructive then trying to work out who to keep and who to ditch from a few pre-season friendly's against inferior opposition.

If calderwood is going to go then i think its worthwhile to take the risk and do it now.  Its not like recent performances could get much worse

Way i see it boba is that if we got a new man in now theres a very good chance you would get the classic honeymoon period of 5-6 games where the players are lifted by having a new manager.  Everyone's got a clean sheet and opportunity to impress but also the sudden fear that they could be seen to be surplus to requirements especially when the season is nearly over and a transfer window looms.  rather than a the air of gloom that is hanging over the dressing room there would be a motivated and focused squad.  Furthermore the new man would have till the end of the season to fully assess the squad, and in some very important games.  This would be much more constructive then trying to work out who to keep and who to ditch from a few pre-season friendly's against inferior opposition.

If calderwood is going to go then i think its worthwhile to take the risk and do it now.  Its not like recent performances could get much worse

We're out of the cup and this is the only route into Europe. I think getting someone new in where theres no guarantee of short term success would be too big a gamble.

We're out of the cup and this is the only route into Europe. I think getting someone new in where theres no guarantee of short term success would be too big a gamble.

theres no guarantee of short term success end off!  my point is this, if JC is going to be axed (and of this there is no certainty by any stretch of the imagination) why wait till the end of the season?  if we got a new man in now we might get a euro spot. Im quite prepared to go out on a limb and say that if we keep jc till the end of the season we have no chance of getting into europe.

Guest fatshaft

:thumbsup:

More chance of that, than Calderwood suddenly finding the holy grail that has eluded him thus far.