Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Mark Kerr

Thank fuck he was on the park tonight - one redeeming feature in amongst that utter pish, although Zander also gets pass marks- especially for the Zander Ronaldo stepover.

Disappointed at the result, no longer angry - think my QOTS experience taught me all I need to know about being raging at a game.

Its a sad state of affairs when a team comes to Pittodrie to play anti-football with 4 at the back and 2 defensive mids in front of that, but that was their plan and we have to be better than that. :hammer: We had 120 minutes to change that and they were breathing out their arses after 70, getting massages at FT due to being banjoed.

The apathy among the fans was hanging in the air tonight, the penalty shoot out had the air of inevitability. Props to Duff for stepping up first.

Scott Severin - pack your bags now, or at least play only once a fortnight, or only in defence or something. At least watch that game and wonder what you've become as a footballer..

Calderwood - dig out your survival manual

Never should have lost either tie, but life being a don wouldn't be the same without the continuous disappointments.

Here's to nailing 3rd - it's got to be done...

Third is a must.  If calderwood cannot motivate the players for this, then there is no way back.

However.  If by some chance we do make European football next season, I actually trust JC more with this than any other manager mentioned as his replacement.  Anybody remember the Motherwell/Nancy debacle?  Hardly a fine advert for Scottish fitba. 

Third is a must.  If calderwood cannot motivate the players for this, then there is no way back.

However.  If by some chance we do make European football next season, I actually trust JC more with this than any other manager mentioned as his replacement.  Anybody remember the Motherwell/Nancy debacle?  Hardly a fine advert for Scottish fitba. 

This is it sharpie, the utter dross being associated with the job on here is putting the shiters right up me!

I maintain that there are good managers who would want the job, I am not of the opinion that the folk mentioned hereabouts are that.

My big concern is motivation however. And i dont think this will change under a new manger with these players.  Look at some of our recent results.  Four points off the old firm, then losing to Falkirk, QOS, the Unt semi, Hamilton, ICT.  Even against Brechin pre-season.  This is not just one off cup games, but an endemic attitude when we play so called "lesser" opposition.  These players do not have the professional attitude to turn up, put a shift in and do what it takes to beat these teams.

The oldfirm do (this pains me to say this), they grind out results when it matters.  That is why they have had so much success.  Are the supporters of these teams always happy at the WAY they played? God knows we hear enough greetin about it to say no.  But they win, regardless. 

THEY take that "weight of expectation" and turn it into pride of achievement.

I'm not Kerrs greatest fan but he was our MotM last night. Always looking for the ball and never giving up despite doing 2 players' job.

Scott Severin was an absolute joke. He had 1 or 2 decent passes but 10+ hoofs to nobody. He barely moved his arse all day too. Even if a player/the ball was within 5-10 yards of him he was expecting someone else (kerr) to go for it instead of moving his own arse. If another of our players has the ball he stands still looking for the pass, usually about 3 yards away from the guy with the ball anyway when he should be looking to move to create space for himself or his teammates in midfield. He then proceeds to stand with his hands on his hips or pointing the blame for his own lazyness at someone else. The amount of times he was so far behind play was unbelievable. It's no coincidence that our poor run of form has coincided with Severin's move back to midfield.

One of the worst ever performances I've witnessed in an Aberdeen shirt, and I've seen some shite.

The most depressing fact is that he'll be the first name on the teamsheet for Saturday anyway.

I'm not Kerrs greatest fan but he was our MotM last night. Always looking for the ball and never giving up despite doing 2 players' job.

Scott Severin was an absolute joke. He had 1 or 2 decent passes but 10+ hoofs to nobody. He barely moved his arse all day too. Even if a player/the ball was within 5-10 yards of him he was expecting someone else (kerr) to go for it instead of moving his own arse. If another of our players has the ball he stands still looking for the pass, usually about 3 yards away from the guy with the ball anyway when he should be looking to move to create space for himself or his teammates in midfield. He then proceeds to stand with his hands on his hips or pointing the blame for his own lazyness at someone else. The amount of times he was so far behind play was unbelievable. It's no coincidence that our poor run of form has coincided with Severin's move back to midfield.

One of the worst ever performances I've witnessed in an Aberdeen shirt, and I've seen some shite.

The most depressing fact is that he'll be the first name on the teamsheet for Saturday anyway.

There was one point last night where Zander was screaming at Seve to get the lads going. Was quite embarassing to watch. Should be doing this with no encouragement from younger players.

There was one point last night where Zander was screaming at Seve to get the lads going. Was quite embarassing to watch. Should be doing this with no encouragement from younger players.

Would Zander not be better placed getting the lads going himself rather than shouting at Seve to do it?

Not all motivation has to stem from the captaincy: real leaders don't need armbands to confirm their stature. Zander is perfectly capable of stepping up to the plate without actually being made captain. If Seve can't be arsed then there's a leadership vacuum there which can be filled by someone with or without an armband.

Would Zander not be better placed getting the lads going himself rather than shouting at Seve to do it?

Not all motivation has to stem from the captaincy: real leaders don't need armbands to confirm their stature. Zander is perfectly capable of stepping up to the plate without actually being made captain. If Seve can't be arsed then there's a leadership vacuum there which can be filled by someone with or without an armband.

Seve is in the middle of the park, closer to the whole team than Diamond. And as far as Diamond is concerned it's Seves job. Why should he take the responsibility?

How do you know what was said?

I was in row B in the South Stand. You can pretty much hear everything the players close to the touchline are saying. On this occasion it was "get them fucking going".

Fair enough.  :thumbsup:  All I'd say is that it's not just the captain's job to get players going.  There is only so much a captain can do...

Fair enough.  :thumbsup:  All I'd say is that it's not just the captain's job to get players going.  There is only so much a captain can do...

Of course. But surely our most experienced player doesn't need to be told by a younger team mate to get the players going, about 70 minutes into the match?

Of course. But surely our most experienced player doesn't need to be told by a younger team mate to get the players going, about 70 minutes into the match?

You're quoting one comment made by Diamond towards Severin in 120+ minutes of football?  I was actually suprised at how much Severin shouted during the game yesterday as I was under the belief he was quiet on the pitch.

It doesn't matter who is on the pitch though, they're all responsible for lifting their team-mates.

You're quoting one comment made by Diamond towards Severin in 120+ minutes of football?  I was actually suprised at how much Severin shouted during the game yesterday as I was under the belief he was quiet on the pitch.

Him and Mulgrew seemed to be arguing for alot of the first half as they KEPT ripping holes in the left side of our defence, both of them blaming eachother to pick up the man running at the defence unopposed.

Guest ally s

Shit, that is not good. Seve better lift his game considerably then.

I'd rather Seve stayed in defence, any time he's played in midfield this season he's looked very sluggish.  He seems to have developed a good understanding with Diamond in defence so I'd keep him there.

I'm probably in the minority here but I think Duff should replace Kerr against Motherwell, Inverness, and Celtic.

I'd rather Seve stayed in defence, any time he's played in midfield this season he's looked very sluggish.  He seems to have developed a good understanding with Diamond in defence so I'd keep him there.

I'm probably in the minority here but I think Duff should replace Kerr against Motherwell, Inverness, and Celtic.

Duff played well against Smeltic last season in Midfield. So i'm not adverse to the idea either. Seve needs to either be in defence or out of the team.

Duff played well against Smeltic last season in Midfield. So i'm not adverse to the idea either. Seve needs to either be in defence or out of the team.

Duff played well when starting against Smeltic this season.

However, I'n pretty sure that it will be Considine at the back with Seve in the midfield as he is our club captain and is seemingly is undroppable.  ::)