Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hopefully yesterday was the start of a parrallel of last season(except the semi final)

07-08 season

Beat ICT 1-0 on 2/1/07 then dont win again until the game before the cup 1/4 replay. We then get 16 points from 24 dropping 4 of them due to dubious ref calls(Diamond's 'goal' vs Celtic to make it 1-1 and Barry Nic's 'goal' vs Motherwell to put us 2-1 up at the time)

This season we last won at the end of Janurary and get our first win since the game before the 1/4 replay

Really hope mcdonald is back soon

Think JC said in the Evening Express this week that the game at the weekend was a no no, thinks the pars game could be too soon so could be back for Hibs game - hopefully

EDIT this is from the team news story on the AFC website

Gary McDonald should be back with the group tomorrow but will obviously not be available for selection for Saturday and Wednesday might be a wee bit early but we'll see how it goes, he's a very fit lad

United have the best run in.

Although they can't beat Hamilton and Killie have stuffed them home and away this season I think ? They are also on one of their honking runs and season finishes are often in the toilet at Tannadice  :thumbsup:

Can we still finish third?

Our next four games are as hard as they're going to get.

Hibs (a)

Motherwell (a)

Caley (h)

Celtic (a)

Motherwell and Hibs have both managed to get back in contention, Caley have had a little bit of a resurgence under Terry Butcher and Celtic, well they're a bunch of c*nts.  :thumbsup:  To make it worse we've got three of those games away.

With Motherwell and Hibs back in with a shout, there's now four teams trying to get in about the top 6.  The first two spots are gone to the Old Firm, and I think Hearts have done enough to secure their place, so it's between us, Dundee Utd, Hibs and Motherwell.  We really can't afford to lose to Hibs in our next league game.  :-\

The remaining games for the other teams fighting for 3rd/4th spot...

Hearts

Rangers (a)

Killie (h)

Celtic (h)

Falkirk (a)

Dundee Utd

Celtic (h)

Hibs (h)

Hamilton (a)

Killie (h)

Hibs

Aberdeen (h)

Dundee Utd (a)

St Mirren (a)

Rangers (h)

Motherwell

Killie (a)

Aberdeen (h)

Rangers (a)

St Mirren (h)

To make it worse we've got three of those games away.

I think that plays into our hands a wee bit.  Teams will open up against us a little more away which given the defences of minkerwell and hibs is no bad thing from our point of view.  Hopefully mcdonald will be back and seve can move back to defence leaving us more solid at the back

I think that plays into our hands a wee bit.  Teams will open up against us a little more away which given the defences of minkerwell and hibs is no bad thing from our point of view.  Hopefully mcdonald will be back and seve can move back to defence leaving us more solid at the back

Completely agree, I think generally we do better away from home (touch wood) though obviously our unbeaten record at home says otherwise. The sooner McDonald is back in the team the better, might we actually see our strongest line up for the first time this season? Motherwell worry me more than Hibs do as they seem to have a bit of momentum about them now, but at the end of the day we just have to hope that the tactics are spot on and things go our way. Its about time this team pulled its fingers out of their respective arses! COME ON YOU REDS!  :thumbsup:

From the EE today

Javan Vidal suffered a leg knock during the Hamilton game and is a doubt for Wednesday’s Scottish Cup replay with Dunfermline.

Calderwood will decide tomorrow if midfielder Gary McDonald, who is back in training after a spell out with a hip injury, returns.

Calderwood said: “Gary is looking great in training. We may decide to hold him back on Wednesday but he will be involved when we play Hibs in the league next weekend.â€

Happy Days

Completely agree, I think generally we do better away from home (touch wood) though obviously our unbeaten record at home says otherwise. The sooner McDonald is back in the team the better, might we actually see our strongest line up for the first time this season? Motherwell worry me more than Hibs do as they seem to have a bit of momentum about them now, but at the end of the day we just have to hope that the tactics are spot on and things go our way. Its about time this team pulled its fingers out of their respective arses! COME ON YOU REDS!  :thumbsup:

Agree about Motherwell, Hibs will struggle to take many points from the 3 games after us as they are really pretty poor. We should take them at ER and that will be them KO'd. The game at Fir Park will be tough, especially if they pick up 3 points at Rugby Pk and their pitch is still a disaster. Motherwell will make top 6 along with us, UTD and Hearts although if anyone is going to drop out of it to let Hibs in I'd put my money on UTD.

I reckon its anybody's at present, UTD are leaking points all over the place and Hearts have a brutal run in.

Agree about Motherwell, Hibs will struggle to take many points from the 3 games after us as they are really pretty poor. We should take them at ER and that will be them KO'd. The game at Fir Park will be tough, especially if they pick up 3 points at Rugby Pk and their pitch is still a disaster. Motherwell will make top 6 along with us, UTD and Hearts although if anyone is going to drop out of it to let Hibs in I'd put my money on UTD.

I reckon its anybody's at present, UTD are leaking points all over the place and Hearts have a brutal run in.

Massively!!!  couldn't believe how fucked it was when i saw the highlights on telly last night.  Shouldn't be allowed, spl should focre them to lay a new pitch.

That they do, but they have the knack of actually grinding out results which is highly annoying. I still think 3rd is out of our reach, but 4th is our minimum requirement now.

Our next four games are as hard as they're going to get.

Hibs (a)

Motherwell (a)

Caley (h)

Celtic (a)

Motherwell and Hibs have both managed to get back in contention, Caley have had a little bit of a resurgence under Terry Butcher and Celtic, well they're a bunch of c*nts.  :thumbsup:  To make it worse we've got three of those games away.

With Motherwell and Hibs back in with a shout, there's now four teams trying to get in about the top 6.  The first two spots are gone to the Old Firm, and I think Hearts have done enough to secure their place, so it's between us, Dundee Utd, Hibs and Motherwell.  We really can't afford to lose to Hibs in our next league game.  :-\

The remaining games for the other teams fighting for 3rd/4th spot...

well done in quoting my post bit by bit :wave: