Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

To All The Mackie Supporters Out There

If you want to watch amateur players why not go follow a highland league team or maybe a third division team at best,too many guys on here are too ready to accept midiocrity or worse,mackie has had his chance and he is NOT good enough,he wouldnt get a start for any other spl team and while you guys continue to back this loser then blunderwood will continue to play him.

As i said in an earlier post maybe booing him at home games will be the only way to show blunderwood and the afc board that we wont accept this to$$er no more.

I know booing our own players is not the best thing to be doing for our team but for gods sake,how many more years are we going to have to put up with this so called striker? at yesterdays game he stood out as a daft wee school boy running about like a headless chicken with foster a close second.

Some guys willl reply and say well maybe he is the best we can get in the current climate,well i disagree!

Richie foran signed on a free for caley yesterday and he is better quality than mackie

dyron dahl who we released is better quality than mackie

Pasquanelli who we released was better quality than mackie

Steven craig who we released was better quality than mackie

And finally Kenny deuchar who hamilton signed on a free this week is far better quality than mackie.

So that leaves me thinking that calderwood is not good enough a manager despite his good record of top six finishes.

Richie foran signed on a free for caley yesterday and he is better quality than mackie

And finally Kenny deuchar who hamilton signed on a free this week is far better quality than mackie.

None of them are better than Mackie.

Well bd74w I take it you won't be back to watch AFC again ? Because we have a team full of mediocre players, and by your reckoning you would be better off watching 3rd division football.

I go to support the team, and not one individual player. Like it or not (and I don't particularly like it at the moment) but Mackie is part of that team that Calderwood selects. I won't boo or abuse a player because of the way they play, so as a fan - just exactly what am I meant to do?

It is the managers job to select the team, tactics and style of play. It is his responsibility to train the players through the week, to identify and resolve weakness and to build and capitalise on individual strenghths. Yes, when the whistle blows at 3pm on a Saturday, it is up to the players themselves to deliver but it is the duty of the manager to recognise when this is not working. If you have an issue with that, then I suggest you take it up with the man himself.

Booing at the match and going on rants on the internet does fuck all.

I am supporting a team that is chasing 3rd place and a spot in Europe this season. Just what exactly are you doing?

Lol oh well then you guys keep backing him and see where it gets us

A strikers job is to SCORE goals,how can you compare him with miller who is NOT an out and out striker?

Mackie out

:lolabove:

mate.... have you seen where jimmy's been playing him over the last few games... out & out striker aye? i think caldo is a tactical nimf but you cant blame mackie for the managers decision to play him on the right. With de visser gone & smith not back for a while what would you do? We'll see if jimmy pulls his finger out the morn to secure the extra players we badly need to bolster the squad on the budget he has.

If you want to watch amateur players why not go follow a highland league team or maybe a third division team at best,too many guys on here are too ready to accept midiocrity or worse,mackie has had his chance and he is NOT good enough,he wouldnt get a start for any other spl team and while you guys continue to back this loser then blunderwood will continue to play him.

As i said in an earlier post maybe booing him at home games will be the only way to show blunderwood and the afc board that we wont accept this to$$er no more.

I know booing our own players is not the best thing to be doing for our team but for gods sake,how many more years are we going to have to put up with this so called striker? at yesterdays game he stood out as a daft wee school boy running about like a headless chicken with foster a close second.

Some guys willl reply and say well maybe he is the best we can get in the current climate,well i disagree!

So that leaves me thinking that calderwood is not good enough a manager despite his good record of top six finishes.

Deuchar could not even get a game in the MLS which although it has improved in recent years is not up to the standard of the SPL.

Your last point makes me think you went to the wrong website, think you are looking for afc-chat.com

This could have been a reasonable debate, until you named strikers who are worse than Mackie, particularly Craig and Dahl!

Kind of disappointing someof our real quality strikers in recent times didn't make the list. Off the top of my head, surely places should have been found for Brian Prunty, Michael Bird, Leon Mike or even Budgie ;)

All of whom were clearly better than mackie and Jimmy Must go for binning them instead of him. O hang on, Jimmy Didn't bin them all. Paterson and Ebbe must have been wrong too but they seemed to think the same way...

Must all be wrong.

And whoever wanted to sign him for Inverness and Dundee United must have been useless too.

Ever had a look at AFC Chat?

I'm sure you will find like minded individuals there.

Richie Foran failed a medical at Aberdeen in the summer and Pasquanelli was as injury prone as Jamie Smith. As for Daal, Craig and Deuchar, you are being ridiculous. I suppose Prunty, Mike, D'Jaffo and Hinds were all better than Mackie too?

Aye, booing players on their every touch will really help the team. Fud.  ::)

too many guys on here are too ready to accept midiocrity or worse

No, the majority on here (not you included), are realistic. Yes Mackie may not be the greatest player, yes he may not be an out and out goalscorer but he will, more than likely, be at Aberdeen for the rest of his career. He's certainly not a world beater and not even the best player at Aberdeen but while he wears the Dons shirt, I will support the team and every player who wears the top.

Richie Foran failed a medical at Aberdeen in the summer and Pasquanelli was as injury prone as Jamie Smith. As for Daal, Craig and Deuchar, you are being ridiculous. I suppose Prunty, Mike, D'Jaffo and Hinds were all better than Mackie too?

No, the majority on here (not you included), are realistic. Yes Mackie may not be the greatest player, yes he may not be an out and out goalscorer but he will, more than likely, be at Aberdeen for the rest of his career. He's certainly not a world beater and not even the best player at Aberdeen but while he wears the Dons shirt, I will support the team and every player who wears the top.

Yeah you are probably right,mackie will probably be at pittodrie for the rest of his miserable career but the sensible fan wont pay money week in week out to watch a sub standard player

With a bit of luck he will get a bad injury and blunderwood will be forced to bring in someone who actually has an ounce of talent

Yeah you are probably right,mackie will probably be at pittodrie for the rest of his miserable career but the sensible fan wont pay money week in week out to watch a sub standard player

With a bit of luck he will get a bad injury and blunderwood will be forced to bring in someone who actually has an ounce of talent

No, a sensible fan will go to watch his team (a team of ELEVEN) rather than watch one 'sub-standard' player. A sensible fan will not boo a player on their every touch. A sensible fan may not agree with some of the personnel at the club but will be realistic.

Yeah hopefully he gets a bad injury, then 'Blunderwood' can bring in Daal, Pasquanelli, Craig, Deuchar, Prunty, Hinds, Mike, D'Jaffo, ZDrillic, Sebo, Blaha or anyone else you have deemed better than Mackie.  ::)

You've actually got to be fishing because that is the biggest pile o shite i've ever read on an Aberdeen board in my life! why would you actually wish bad upon, not only a player of our own, but more importantly, a Dandy?!?!? Thats just sick.

Booing players never helps the team out in any way shape or form. Past your bed time yet kiddo?  :wave:

You've actually got to be fishing because that is the biggest pile o shite i've ever read on an Aberdeen board in my life! why would you actually wish bad upon, not only a player of our own, but more importantly, a Dandy?!?!? Thats just sick.

Booing players never helps the team out in any way shape or form. Past your bed time yet kiddo?  :wave:

Eh?! ???

Read the thread again 'Kiddo'.  ;)