Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

JDV Leaving

Appeared to have major problems with fitness, Aberdeen gave him a great opportunity, which from the outside he seems to have let slip.

Sad to see him go with the potential he had, but the team's done alright without him and it's fair to say that if we had a fully fit squad (yes, that includes Smith :doh:) he would've been on the bench most weeks.

Best of luck and all that...  :thumbsup:

That's part of the problem, we really wanted to see less of him if you know what I mean...

Indeed I do. He could still use the ball a hell of a lot better than the "whippets" in the team.  I think part of the problem with people's perception of JDV was that he was described to us as a pacy, tricky winger by JC when he was signed. That was never the case, unless he lost his pace by running down to the chippie too often.

Indeed I do. He could still use the ball a hell of a lot better than the "whippets" in the team.  I think part of the problem with people's perception of JDV was that he was described to us as a pacy, tricky winger by JC when he was signed. That was never the case, unless he lost his pace by running down to the chippie too often.

His workrate had improved dramatically of late though and as you have said, his use and retention of the ball are light years away from the sprinters in the team (Foster/Mackie/Mulgrew) but it seems this has either came too late or he has his own reasons for returning home.

Not a great loss really.  I can only recall a handful of games where he's looked anything other than mediocre.

Even at mediocre he was a better option than Mackie on the wing but if you cannot get a game for whatever reason in front of Mackie then I suppose it really is time to move on.

Even at mediocre he was a better option than Mackie on the wing but if you cannot get a game for whatever reason in front of Mackie then I suppose it really is time to move on.

Agreed, I think its a shame as I thought he was coming into a game. I was very surprised he didn't come on on Saturday. I wonder if we will replace him. As he was one of the few footballers in our squad!

Aberdeen's Dutch winger Jeffrey De Visscher is on the verge of leaving the club for Second Division outfit SC Cambuur Leeuwarden in his homeland.

Aberdeen have confirmed that the 27-year-old has flown to his native Netherlands for signing talks.

Manager Jimmy Calderwood told his club website: "He was disappointed that he wasn't getting first-team football.

"He is a great player, but I think the way the game goes in Scotland doesn't suit his style of play."

De Visscher joined Aberdeen in May 2007 on a free transfer after being released by Dutch club De Graafschap.  He is more suited to a 4-3-3 formation and that doesn't happen so much over here

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood

The winger started just 24 matches for the Dons and his contract was due to finish at the end of the season.

"He is more suited to a 4-3-3 formation and that doesn't happen so much over here," said Calderwood.

"All credit to Jeff, he played really well against Hearts the other week and deservedly won the man of the match.

"However, he has decided that he would like to return to Holland and we were never going to stand it his way."

Upon completion of the move, De Visscher will team up with former Hearts and Dundee United striker Mark de Vries.

Begs the question, Jimmy, why the fuck did you sign him then?