Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

United and Hearts

It appears to be a straight race between us and those two for third place.  I said to my Jambo mate yesterday that we're the team to beat because I can see Hearts losing a couple of players this month and as for United... it may be too early to say and it may just be over-optimism over yesterday's results, but I think they may start to tail off a bit.  I think their squad isn't good enough to sustain their good form over the course of a season.

So I reckon third place is ours to lose now. We've got a big game on Saturday and we've got both Hearts (looks as though we'll be without Kerr for that one due to suspension) and United in the next month.

How worried do you think United and Hearts will be after yesterday's result?

It appears to be a straight race between us and those two for third place.  I said to my Jambo mate yesterday that we're the team to beat because I can see Hearts losing a couple of players this month and as for United... it may be too early to say and it may just be over-optimism over yesterday's results, but I think they may start to tail off a bit.  I think their squad isn't good enough to sustain their good form over the course of a season.

So I reckon third place is ours to lose now. We've got a big game on Saturday and we've got both Hearts (looks as though we'll be without Kerr for that one due to suspension) and United in the next month.

Any team should be worried about playing us just now. We're the form team. Theres something i'd like to say but i'll either be the voice of reason or jinx the good run we're on!

No-one will want to play us just now, that's a fact but let's be honest, we will have some crap results before the end of the season.

That said, I think LSC and United aren't as good as us and Motherwell showed up well yesterday and if they get a run of results they may yet get in about it too.

Form and fitness, we keep that we'll be fine. We can't afford to lose anyone from the squad either.

Well are on a bit of a run now so can see them closing the 9 point gap also think that Hibs could also come back into it now that they have replaced the clown in goal with the bald Polish bloke who's name I forget form United. Still think it will be tight between all 5 for third and we will not run away with it because of ability to turn in performances like Hamilton and Alloa as well ones like yesterday.

I too think Well are the ones to watch in the coming weeks as they have a fully fit squad for the first time this season and that is what kept them up there last year. Can't see Hibs doing much more than they have already. Late Feb will be interesting as I think its us v Hearts, followed by us v UTD then Hearts v UTD the next week. By the end of Feb we will have a pretty good idea of how things look. It will be an interesting top 6 again this year with 2 teams slugging it out for the title and 3 or 4 for 2 or 3 UEFA places. My money is on Aberdeen, UTD, Motherwell and Hearts making top 6.

Having a look here, it seems Kerr might not have incurred a suspension yet:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/res/documents/PlayerSuspensions/Season08/09/LOS27(22Jan).pdf

Although a booking today would definitely rule him out of the Hearts game if he is not already.

Quite gutted about these two getting wins on saturday but the important thing is to stay in touch with them. The games on 14th and 21st will be so important for us. But obviously we have the Falkirk game before that, but I think we should get a result against them. I even think that maybe not being third might be a blessing as this means we won't be in the media and the players won't feel the pressure for the race for third. February should be an interesting month.

Quite gutted about these two getting wins on saturday but the important thing is to stay in touch with them. The games on 14th and 21st will be so important for us. But obviously we have the Falkirk game before that, but I think we should get a result against them. I even think that maybe not being third might be a blessing as this means we won't be in the media and the players won't feel the pressure for the race for third. February should be an interesting month.

There is also the possibilty that the two of them could be weakened considerably if proposed moves for Driver, Berra, Stewart and Flood go through before next weekend.

There is also the possibilty that the two of them could be weakened considerably if proposed moves for Driver, Berra, Stewart and Flood go through before next weekend.

Here's hoping eh ;):beers:

At the end of the day, we are only a point behind them with a nice goal difference. We didn't really lose any ground over them on the weekend which is what I'm pleased about. I'm surprised neither have these have been made sultana games.